Making a row of stars

I am an absolute beginner and I want to make something with a star. Like you see on the rating sites of books and films. one star, two stars etc.

I have a jpg of a star on mu computer. I want to make a new image with two stars and another image with three stars. And I have no idea how to do that. A search on Google didn´t gibe an answer either.

Who can help this newbie?

I think I can :D

So, the start of with a new image. Make the image the size of a star, but the width x2, if making 2 stars. The go to Layers; Import from file. Click the star. Keep it there. Then repeat that, but move it to the opposite side. or flip Horizontaly. Both work.

I hope that helped...

rainbowflamegritsig.png

Who can help this newbie?

I can. Start by reading our Forum Rules.

Therein you will find Rule #2 "Post in the correct section" (you can see where this is heading can't you?). Yup. You guessed it. You've posted in the wrong section :(. This area of the forum is reserved for the publishing of tutorials, that's why is is headed Tutorials+ - Publishing ONLY. Your question is much better posted in the General Discussion & Questions area.

As this is your first offence, I'll move this thread to the correct area for you ;).

Welcome to the forum!

<moved to GD&Q>

No it wasn't at all offensive, just in the wrong area :).

The Newbie Playground is a subforum of the Tutorials+ section. It's where we store the tutorials that are easily followed by Newbs, hence the name.

Generally you should be posting questions in the General Discussion & Questions area. The most common exceptions are questions is about a specific plugin (post it in the thread related to that plugin) or plugin installation (post in in http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/forum/36-how-to-install-pluginsgeneral-plugin-troubleshooting/).

For everything that is not directly related to Paint.Net, have a look in the http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/forum/8-grand-theory-of-everything/ for an appropriate thread to post in.