SAC # 2 Discussion Thread

Possum Roadkill

Space Art Competition #2 DISCUSSION THREAD

THEME IS: Space Craft (rockets, orbiters, space stations, space ships )

SAC Comp Rules: All submissions must be created in Paint.net with the exception of renders and stock photos when allowed.

When they are allowed, obviously you cannot use the stocks or renders as your entire submission, so the majority of your image should be created in Paint.net.

When Theme Rules allow, you must post a link to any stocks, renders, images or parts of images you did not create in Paint.net,

i.e. fractals created in a fractal generator program or textures created in another program of any kind.

All images must be submitted as a thumbnail link to the full size image. DO NOT POST FULL SIZE IMAGES!

Minimum size is 800 X 600. There is no maximum size, but keep in mind that people will want to look at your image

and if it takes too long to load, they may not wait to look at it.

NO PLACEHOLDERS! Do not post an entry until it is a finished product. NO WIPS (works in progress) !

No images previously submitted will be allowed.

I reserve the right to add to the rules as people do things to annoy me. (See special rule # 5.)

THEME IS: Space Craft

Theme rules: You are to make an image depicting a space scene with a space craft of some kind.

Crafts can be rockets, orbiters, space stations, space ships, rovers, landers, probes, satellites, space suits, etcetera.

You may use stocks and or renders in part of your image. (The less the use the better, in my humble opinion).

You MUST link to the stocks or renders you use. The use of another program to create textures is also allowed,

i.e. Apophysis to create planet textures or nebulae textures or even Blender to create 3D planets.

However, the majority of the image must be done in Paint.net, because this is a Paint.net forum competition.

As in the use of stocks and renders, you must post any textures or elements you create in another program as if they are stocks/renders.

(Remember, Possum’s have a sixth sense about things like this, do don’t make me hunt you down.

So with that in mind, special rule #5 is in effect for this competition ).

This thread is for DISCUSSION only ! If you want to ENTER this comp, please go to the ENTRY thread HERE.

The ENTRY period for this competition run through Wednesday evening (June 2nd, 2010) at 7:00 p.m., Eastern Daylight Savings Time. All ENTRIES submitted up to that time will be accepted

Edited by Possum Roadkill

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

Question: Do we post images we based the creation off of as stocks?

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Question: Do we post images we based the creation off of as stocks?

If I understand your question.....you are taking an image and you are re-creating it completely in Paint.net? If that is the case, then no, unless you want to show off. :D If you create everything in the image and don't use any stocks or renders in that image, it's OK with me if you base it on something you've seen.

• 2 weeks later...

Entry period extended until Friday June 4, 2010 at 8:00 p.m. DST.

If you would like to enter or have a work in progress this should give you additional time to get it completed.

I guess my original plans were tossed. Now I have a spaceship I made from scratch...ing on a piece of paper. How's it look? (Possum, your background on you image is a killer...almost overkill)

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

I guess my original plans were tossed. Now I have a spaceship I made from scratch...ing on a piece of paper. How's it look? (Possum, your background on you image is a killer...almost overkill)

I think your ship looks awesome. As for my image, I always say, if it's worth doing, it's worth over doing. :D

Welshy`s ship is fabulous. Amazing detail. :)

Sorry I couldn`t enter this one Possum. I got tied up with other things.

Edited by Goonfella

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

...And welshy takes the cake with a late entry >.< nice pic!