Using the application as a non-admin user?

Hello,

We are looking at using the Paint.NET app for one of our users, as a replacement to PSP for a user that merely needs to update a variety of image types from time to time. However, we do not allow users administrator access to their desktops. I understand there is an install issue requiring an administrator to logon for installation, but I needed to clarify whether this is the only time that admin access to the workstation is required?

In other words, are there any registry mods/other mods that the user will get errors about when using the app?

Um.. hope that makes sense. And thanks in advance :)

The user account will always have file system access to a directory that applications are told is "the desktop."

Whether or not the shell is configured to actually show the desktop itself is another matter.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

On our work computers, the directory that applications are told is "The Desktop" is an inaccessible network drive that is essentially a bottomless pit. Woe betide anyone who saves something and tries to get it back later; save it to your network folder or lose it forever.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.