Stop messing with system restore points.

You'll be surprised, but this OS feature is for a system restoration in case of some deeply integrated software such as windows update, antivirus, firewall, service or driver will fall and make whole system disabled.

This is not for every 2cents utility. This is a last chance measure, not for everyday use, it even can delete any file, created on a system disk after restore points, if system can't be restored with a restore point, reinstallation is the only way. Checked now, my 1TB system drive contains only two restore points and one of them created today with paint.net installation. Oldest available restore point created two days ago. What if I'll find that some of windows update, installed for example, a week ago, have broken, for example, printing? I won't be able to restore system because one dumb developer likes to create restore points on every opportunity. Stop this. Paint.net doesn't deserves this honor, at least until it'll start to install a couple of drivers.

Wahhh!Waahhhhh!Wahhhh!Wahhh! Blah blah blah blah blah blah,wah, wah, wah!

that about sums it up. You should quit complaining and be smart and set a restore point you can restore to instead of letting windows do it for you. If you wait for windows to set your restore points for you, then you deserve to have to go hunting for drivers. Paint.net sets a restore point as a failsafe so that you can restore your system if paint.net somehow messes it up. Also if you have windows seven how bout you be smart and create a windows 7 repair disc.

Also insulting the intelligence of the programmer of paint.net is not a good idea. Paint.net is a great program. Where is your program that you have coded if you are so much smarter than rick? I would honestly like to see this program so i can scoff at it.

good day to you sir,

chad

"Clearly it's a very serious and literal meaning. If you're not solving physics equations then get off my lawn!-Rick Brewster Paint.net Lead Developer"

Unfortunately, this developer understands only this kind of language.

When he was asked nicely this moron just wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=32924

Oh my gosh you guys, this is the dumbest thread all week. If you don't like System Restore, then TURN IT OFF. Saying things like "Paint.NET forces me to do a restore point..." to make it sound like you're being oppressed is just silly and lame.

and immediately closed thread. Looks like this guy is very interested in reasonable discussion. Maybe if my reasoning will be expressed in these words, I'll got his attention.

that about sums it up. You should quit complaining and be smart and set a restore point you can restore to instead of letting windows do it for you.

Excellent advise! I'll translate this to human language:

I know Paint.net installer makes automatic restore point generation useless, so why don't you just live with this and workaround mannually

So, you guys can kiss his < no swearing > as long as you want, but this won't make stupid decision any smarter.

Looks like this guy is very interested in reasonable discussion.

He generally is, unless the situation is that:

1) It's something generally stupid, like this thread is, and

2) if the author thread is either stubborn or extremely rude (also like you are)

Checked now, my 1TB system drive contains only two restore points and one of them created today with paint.net installation. Oldest available restore point created two days ago. What if I'll find that some of windows update, installed for example, a week ago, have broken, for example, printing? I won't be able to restore system because one dumb developer likes to create restore points on every opportunity. Stop this. Paint.net doesn't deserves this honor, at least until it'll start to install a couple of drivers.

Fun fact: You can roll back to any system restore point, ever created on your computer. So, no, Paint.NET will not stop you from doing a system restore, even if it is the most recent.

Secondly, installing a program will always change the registry, and, say for example, it messed up the registry, and you couldn't use system restore? System restore is used as a way to stop any chance of "permanent" damage to a system due to one reason or another, and I'm sure it'd be worse if there were people genuinely complaining about a program messing up their computer rather than just one self-abosrbed person whining.

So, you guys can kiss his a** as long as you want, but this won't make stupid decision any smarter.

Seeing as you know so much about programming and the do's and do not's, why don't you make your own image program yourself?

I would say more, but honestly, due to the huge amount of bile coming out from people thinking they know what is best for a program and for what Paint.NET can do recently, I'm not honestly suprised by the way this "moron", as you say, has acted.

Fun fact: You can roll back to any system restore point, ever created on your computer. So, no, Paint.NET will not stop you from doing a system restore, even if it is the most recent.
You are wrong.
Secondly, installing a program will always change the registry, and, say for example, it messed up the registry, and you couldn't use system restore?
So, don't mess with registry. I bet only "registry-messing" paint.net doing is creating its setting branch, adding itself to uninstall list and file association. Any of these "messing" are not serious enough to use restoration points.
Seeing as you know so much about programming and the do's and do not's, why don't you make your own image program yourself?
Most pathetic argument. There are no need to be a cook to know that a dish is foul.

Just stop feeding the troll. No amount of being proven wrong can prove them wrong.

If you must insist on continuing to argue, some potential fodder includes the complicated installer that has to handle C++ runtimes, the .NET Framework, x86 vs x64 installation, all those errors people have been getting that only System Restore's been able to get them out of, Rick's employer, etc. Oh, and the fact that System Restore and Windows Installer are designed to create restore points upon software installation.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

and immediately closed thread. Looks like this guy is very interested in reasonable discussion. Maybe if my reasoning will be expressed in these words, I'll got his attention.

No, you won't get his attention. You'll get banned.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Wahhh!Waahhhhh!Wahhhh!Wahhh! Blah blah blah blah blah blah,wah, wah, wah!

Oh my gosh, last thing I wanted was to be woken up by a crying baby. :shock: :lol::roll:

If you don't like System Restore, then turn the whole thing off. Maybe then your eyes will stop being wet from all the tears.

An SR point would be made regardless. Paint.NET is just kind enough to 1) tell you what's happening, and 2) bracket the operation so that only one SR point is made instead of two.

Banned

edit: To give proper credit, it was d.a who banned him

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg