How to question. Making chracters?

Hello everyone,

I benefit from this site and the software; and it's a better alternative for PS etc., for several reasons. Thank you..

Anyways what I need help with is I want to learn how can I make 3D graphic chracters please? Okay, I don't really know if you need to use some other software(s) along with Paint.net. So please do excuse my really limited knowledge in this field, but I have come here with high hopes. (I have been trying some tutorials here already...never posted here until now).

Kindly, list the softwares and other things I will need.

38693_18794b5b631641a0375da1ba142570a0

the image you are referring to is made in a 3d modeling program. While paint.net is powerful it is a raster program not a 3d modeling program. You may be able to a achieve a 3d character in this program but it won't be as smooth as that.

"Clearly it's a very serious and literal meaning. If you're not solving physics equations then get off my lawn!-Rick Brewster Paint.net Lead Developer"

the image you are referring to is made in a 3d modeling program. While paint.net is powerful it is a raster program not a 3d modeling program. You may be able to a achieve a 3d character in this program but it won't be as smooth as that.

I see. Okay. But would you or someone be able to suggest any good 3D modeling programs please?

I really need to this, hopefully.

That's too bad you can't share tutorial. I am new to Paint.net and switched from Adobe Photoshop so it really would be nice to see if paint.net really can match up to adobe photoshop. A tutorial being posted on here instead of PM would help a lot. Thanks!

He's not PMed me yet; when he does and you still interested I will share the tut with you.

Keep in mind Paint.NET is not a replacement for true 3D modeling software. If you want results that look highly realistic, I suggest you look into some 3D software (Blender, while being somewhat hard to learn, is a great, versatile, and free program that can accomplish your needs).