Recolor Tool Help Plz

I'm so frustrated right now. I did this a couple times and it worked, but now I can't get it. Maybe I did something accidentally before, but don't know what it is. I took this graphic

gold.jpg

and turned it into this

red.jpg

and

thumb_backgrounds_7812-122.jpg

but now I can't seem to do it anymore! Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong? I thought I just pasted the hex code into the color box, selected recolor tool, and painted it, but it won't do it anymore. :(

Rachel ♥

In this case I'd don't waste your time with the recolor tool. Use the Hue / Saturation :HueSaturation: adjustment, and just adjust the hue slider.

What I was gonna say.

Though, I also suggest using a colour layer above, thus tinting all colours + adding some drama into other types of art.

I want this same effect, but I want to be able to make it in whatever color I want. I want to be able to color match. I design pages on a community network, and I want to be able to match perfectly. My color hue/saturation won't let me color match. When I put in the corresponding numbers, the color is not the same. When I try and use the Color Balance, it also won't let me use the correct numbers because each color only goes up to 100.

I'm not using layers. This is a graphic I found, and just want to change the colors. I can change the color in general, but my main question is that I want to be able to color match. That's why I was using the Recolor Tool at first. I don't want to lose the rounding/highlight effect.

No layers. I did it before, but now it won't do it the same way. Now, when I try, nothing happens. When I did it before, I didn't worry about primary/secondary colors. I just pasted the hex code and used the Recolor Tool.

gradon33:

It's tough to guess about this.

Are you working on the wrong layer,

is there a selection active on another part of the canvas?

Does anything at all happen when you try the recolor tool?

So, pasting the hex into the box in the Colors window sets the primary color

to the hex. Leaving the secondary color at default white?

And now it does absolutely nothing.

I suppose at this point I'd try rebooting the PC.

If no joy from that, maybe run pdnrepair.exe.

===================================

If you paste the hex, does the regular paintbrush draw the hex color ok?

TY! I will try both!

Yes, the paintbrush draws the hex color no problem.

I tried the reboot, but no luck.

How do you run pdnrepair.exe?

TY! I will try both!

When I did it before, I didn't worry about primary/secondary colors. I just pasted the hex code and used the Recolor Tool.

I'd say it's likely that a colour similar to the image just happened to be your secondary colour. Have you tried just selecting a colour from your image using the eyedropper?

I doubt running PdnRepair.exe will help, but you might as well try it.

KaHuc.png

I probably have done it before, but it's been a while.

Home Vista

I can choose a color from the color window, and it will do it that way, but sometimes not the whole square, just the middle, or a portion of the middle. It's weird. Maybe I just don't quite understand the Recolor Tool.

Yes. Wrong place.

Do you know how to get to your Program Files?

Also, XP, Vista...?

Actually, the image i'm wanting to recolor, the gold square, is not the image i got my color from, and the color was originally chosen with my eyedropper from another image. I'm color matching for a page design, and this color is screwing with me! LOL!

When I did it before, I didn't worry about primary/secondary colors. I just pasted the hex code and used the Recolor Tool.

I'd say it's likely that a colour similar to the image just happened to be your secondary colour. Have you tried just selecting a colour from your image using the eyedropper?

I doubt running PdnRepair.exe will help, but you might as well try it.

Assuming that you have a desktop shortcut for Paint.NET,

right-click on the shortcut.

Then click Properties.

Click the Button that says either - Open File Location or

Find Target.

This should open your Paint.NET program folder.

Look for pdnrepair.

(Not the one that says .config)

Actually, the image i'm wanting to recolor, the gold square, is not the image i got my color from, and the color was originally chosen with my eyedropper from another image. I'm color matching for a page design, and this color is screwing with me! LOL!

The colour you want to recolour the image to should be the primary colour, while the colour you want to change should be the secondary colour.

--

Although i'm still not sure why using layers is a problem. For example, this is the result I got from adding a new layer filled with #C40000 set to the Multiply blend mode:

http://i49.tinypic.com/30hvpzo.png

What image are you trying to change the colours of?

KaHuc.png