Auto-Save

Onemorelevel

Okay, Im planning on writing a plugin in VBS for paint.net, It will autosave, and wont appear in the effects menu. Question is, how would I make it not appear in any of the menus?

I assume that template for the VBS plugins wont work, because it probably will place it in the effects submenu. Can I just make the program, then make it a .dll and place it in the folder? Also, is there any special code I need to add at the beginning of the program to make it work in paint.net

"Being calm can work wonders"

Signature-1.png

Unless I'm severely mistaken, the Paint.NET effects architecture won't allow for this. An effect has to take the information it's given, use it, then give it back. It can't run in the background while you use Paint.NET. Also, in my experience, plugin dialogs are modal, which means that while this mythical plugin is running, you can't change anything. :-)

So, yeah...back to the drawing board. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Given that PDN only supports effects and filetypes, an autosave plugin would probably violate the plugin rules.

Plugins must not use "reflection" to try and "hack" Paint.NET.

For example, using some of the stuff in System.Reflection, you could potentially add stuff to the File menu, or create new toolbar items. Or even new tools. Don't do this.

KaHuc.png