Project Suggestions/Requests/Challenges

Post any requests for help on your projects here. Also, any suggestions or challenges are welcome aswell.

This should be a great way to test the limits of Paint.NET!

**It would probably be better if there was a whole section devoted to this type of thing.

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

I read yesterday in the forum somewhere that there would never be GIF animation support within Paint.NET (I think it was Rick). The need was basic: open an existing animated gif, remove the border from each frame, and save it back as an animated GIF. Not something one might do regulary with an image composer, sure; but damn it'd be nice.

A few months ago I came across Paint.NET because.. well, its almost everything Microsoft Paint should be. Anyway, I'm donating now because its just that friggin' awesome and good developers should support one another. I've got another 40 USD bounty for the first one to get me a basic functional GIF animator plugged into this tool. (I hate installing excess software exactly that much, maybe even a little more.)

I read yesterday in the forum somewhere that there would never be GIF animation support within Paint.NET (I think it was Rick). The need was basic: open an existing animated gif, remove the border from each frame, and save it back as an animated GIF. Not something one might do regulary with an image composer, sure; but damn it'd be nice.

A few months ago I came across Paint.NET because.. well, its almost everything Microsoft Paint should be. Anyway, I'm donating now because its just that friggin' awesome and good developers should support one another. I've got another 40 USD bounty for the first one to get me a basic functional GIF animator plugged into this tool. (I hate installing excess software exactly that much, maybe even a little more.)

plugged in PdN? err...

sig6rj3.png

I just registered so I did not have time to read everything.

I just want to ask if Paint .NET has or will have support for modifying selections (eg. Expand, Contract, Feather).

Are there concrete plans for it to become a competitor with Adobe Photoshop or Jasc Paint Shop Pro?

I'm not Rick (obviously), but let me tell you something. Paint.Net is not ment to compete with anyone or anything. It is ment for people who don't want to spend 600 bucks on Photoshop, or already have Photoshop and want to use something a little more amature for simple projects. And I don't think anything free (except for the donations) will try to compete with Photoshop, but it is still here in case you need it. And it will keep improving itself with every upgrade, so maybe in a few years, it will be as good as Photoshop now (but of course photoshop would have been upgraded too). And I'm sure Rick and the team are doing there best to make it that way :wink: !

Hey!!!

Sig edited by Rick: Picture is way too big. Please fix.