Brush and paint effects

I've been a member of this forum for some time, primarily as a reader, because I'm usually the guy that's learning from you others.

But today I wanted to share a sweet little find that satisfied my recent need for an airbrush effect that I'm certain some of you will agree is highly useful.

I love Paint.Net and use it for every project I work on. But I recently had a project come up that required a LOT of airbrush and pencil-like effects. No other way around it. I did not want to buckle down and go with any other program now that I'm so familiar with this one. What to do?

Well I'd had a free version of ArtRage 2.5 that does some really sweet painting effects. Its airbrush and several other features are only enabled in the paid version. I figured heck, it's $25.00 and I need to at least try.

Was I ever surprised. Not only did the airbrush prove to be superbly accurate but I found YOU CAN WORK YOUR LAYERS BACK AND FORTH as PNGs, between Paint and ArtRage, with no problems at all !http://raoulwidman.wordpress.com/

So don't get me wrong here, Paint.Net rocks and it's my chief tool. But this means you don't have to keep bugging Rick Brewster about brushes. Definitely worth the 25 bucks

Sample.jpg

I've been a member of this forum for some time, primarily as a reader, because I'm usually the guy that's learning from you others.

But today I wanted to share a sweet little find that satisfied my recent need for an airbrush effect that I'm certain some of you will agree is highly useful.

I love Paint.Net and use it for every project I work on. But I recently had a project come up that required a LOT of airbrush and pencil-like effects. No other way around it. I did not want to buckle down and go with any other program now that I'm so familiar with this one. What to do?

Well I'd had a free version of ArtRage 2.5 that does some really sweet painting effects. Its airbrush and several other features are only enabled in the paid version. I figured heck, it's $25.00 and I need to at least try.

Was I ever surprised. Not only did the airbrush prove to be superbly accurate but I found YOU CAN WORK YOUR LAYERS BACK AND FORTH as PNGs, between Paint and ArtRage, with no problems at all !http://raoulwidman.wordpress.com/

So don't get me wrong here, Paint.Net rocks and it's my chief tool. But this means you don't have to keep bugging Rick Brewster about brushes. Definitely worth the 25 bucks

Sample.jpg

Sample.jpg

Sample.jpg

Hi ! Thanks. (I am guessing you mean search in the application's "Paint.Net Search.." selection in the Help dialog.? When I do I see numerous forum threads on the topic.

Hmm. Though I'm fairly proficient now in navigating these applications I am in no way a code geek. So while I can manage to install plugins, I certainly couldn't write or hack one !

That seems to be yet up an out there in the realm of the uber-geek.

Right now I'm using the WACOM Medium Bamboo Fun tablet.

bambooFun_3.jpg

One of the programmable buttons shown instantly switches you between applications, so that's what I currently use.

(Demo clip: http://www.wacom.com/bambootablet/bamboofun.php )

Hi ! Thanks. (I am guessing you mean search in the application's "Paint.Net Search.." selection in the Help dialog.? When I do I see numerous forum threads on the topic.

Hmm. Though I'm fairly proficient now in navigating these applications I am in no way a code geek. So while I can manage to install plugins, I certainly couldn't write or hack one !

bambooFun_3.jpg

One of the programmable buttons shown instantly switches you between applications, so that's what I currently use.

bambooFun_3.jpg

bambooFun_3.jpg