JAD's Gallery of the Pictorium

I have noticed that I really stink at trying to create something new... Can't think of anything that I want to try making. Even then, I'm not sure it will come to me... Ah well...

Instead of always doing everything off of tutorials, I tried mixing effects like a madman to start off with the first one...

Surprisingly I still remember how I made it and it's pretty easy if you know where to start...

If you like anything below, but can't make it, ask me to write a tutorial. If I get enough requests, I will make as detailed a tutorial as I possibly can.

EDIT: [i'm starting to use the blend mode ZOR more often... Try it--it opens up a lot of possibilities... Sometimes it can look a little too rough though.]

I'm not the best with PDN so please, have mercy on me!!!!

Here goes...

jad_sig.png

To keep this from drying up as I work on something new, I put text from my favorite Tom Jackson tutorial...

fire_txt.jpg

I decided to make a sig... It ended up too big, but I have a general idea on what my sig is going to look like...

siggy.png

I decided to make an avatar for my profile, or in this case a JADvatar. It looks astonishingly like another picture in my gallery but I assure you there are subtle differences... Try to find them... One of them is almost nonexistant, another is apparent.

Jadvatar.jpg

Big images hidden:

Hidden Content:
I was screwing around and found a cool portal-looking design. I added twist, decreased luminosity, and zoom blurred.

portal.jpg

There is always another possibility opened up by space, any kind of story... Here is some inspiration. Man, I'm actually finally getting it!

blastit.jpg

A ripple

ripple.jpg

A galaxy (maybe needs some light...)

galaxy.png

A more detailed image.

spacescape.jpg

I'm trying... Don't be too harsh... But help me improve...

Of course, there is more to come.

Enjoy!

siggy2.png

wow JAD, this is nice. your spacescape is really well done, with the effect of the wavy lines on the planet. really good. really, now, the most effective way i can help is by saying keep it up, andif other users say something, dont take it to heart, but take it to mind. most of the time, if someone says your work needs improving, ask how and learn from them. most users have had PDN for a long time.

so far, your stuff is really good.

Keep it up.

Caz

You should get the Win7 theme for XP. Then get the rest of Win7. Then uninstall XP. Then it'll really look nice. ~ David Atwell

Thnks, carazon, for ur input...

yea i think that so far the planets the only thing i got 2 work bsides the portal--i thot it was ok of an idea for me...

i aded a galaxy, a bit on the darker side, but if i ever get a tut request on it ill make it briter and help teach colorin the galaxy 2... mabe i shood make a ful spacescape wit star, galaxy, other stars, and planets, mabe even a spaceship -- still got to figure that out...

Hidden Content:
galaxy.png

if any1 hs sum advice, pls pls pls tel me! i want to improve,so help me pls!

JAD

siggy2.png

that spiral galaxy is really good! i wouldnt ask for a tut, in fear of it being locked, as we already have 2 spacescape tutorials, but, in all regards, go for the making of the picture with everything spacey in it! cant wait to see it!

You should get the Win7 theme for XP. Then get the rest of Win7. Then uninstall XP. Then it'll really look nice. ~ David Atwell

Nice drawings, I like people when they create their projects from scratch, the only thing is that your images some how are simple, try to add more objects in the drawing I know you can do it, waiting to see more from you, my favorite is the galaxy, if you can fade the dark spot which is in the center it will look much better.

Ah, I see my thread is finally waking up... Thanks for your comments... I will try to make more complex images, but I want to start with a full spacescape... If only I could figure out the spaceship... I'll get it eventually... Almost there, I got the basic idea behind the metal... I'm still thinking if I should go cartoonish UFO, ET Phone Home style ship, or something like star wars... I need some images of one to follow--seen the movie so many times... But, I'll get to that, please do not refer tutorials to me, you can hint a method though...

I tried Corel PaintShop Pro X... My advice is to stick with Paint.Net... I find it more--user friendly, brighter, more uplifting of a program... I also like the way the tools and effects are arrayed... Some features of paintshop are useful, but not enough to switch from paint.net. Use it for image editing, but I can't suggest using it for much else...

I will aways prefer Paint.Net over PaintShop... I will never make images in PaintShop.

Maybe I'm just used to Paint.Net...

Getting back to my post, please hint me on my quest to create a spaceship--it can even be a great photo of one!!!

siggy2.png

check out the two spacescape tutorials in regard to that sun. they may shed some light on what to do, as it needs improvement. the rest is good, try having a different layout for the stuff around, like the planet in the top corner, the nebulae in the center, and the spaceship being sucked in etc. if youre going to have a sun in this, make sure you do lighting well.