mixing colors, not superimpose them

hi all,

I'm using layers and would like, when flattening them, the color to be mixed and not just superimposed.

I can do it when adjusting the transparency of the layers, but consuming time to find the right adjustment.

Is there any plugin or mean to do taht automatically, like we can do it when painting or drawing in the real life ?

many thanks

tony

Greetings kaizer_t.

You should have noticed that you're posting in a section titled 'Tutorials - Publishing Only'. If you have an ordinary question to ask, the General Discussion & Questions section is the place to post.

I highly advise you review the Rules before you post again, just so you're not caught off-guard again.

Moved to General Discussion & Questions

hi all,

I'm using layers and would like, when flattening them, the color to be mixed and not just superimposed.

I can do it when adjusting the transparency of the layers, but consuming time to find the right adjustment.

Is there any plugin or mean to do taht automatically, like we can do it when painting or drawing in the real life ?

Yes, but how would you like them to be mixed? Like ink, or like light? Or in an entirely different manner? A plugin can't do that 1) because your desires change with each image and 2) because plugins can only work with one layer at a time. Try playing with layer blending modes and see if you can accomplish what you want.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

First of all, sorry for posting in the wrong place, clicked the wrong section.

So, I just want to mix them like ink. I can do it manually by adjusting the 2 colors with the color manager.

Why can't do it automatically, even like light ? :?

If color managers exist, I think a "mix color manager" can also exist .

But ok, will continue manually.

Thanks and Happy new year !

Have you tried the Additive Blending Mode, or the Subtractive Blending mode, or any of the other blending modes?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

I meant difference, actually. :oops: sorry!