Organizing Brushes

When you say organise, do you mean the order? I presume .NET arranges them in alphabetical order, so you could try changing the names of those you wish to appear first. The plugin also allows you to search through the list.

Note that I am also in the middle of a private beta, and will have to wait for feedback until I can release a new version.

KaHuc.png

When you say organise, do you mean the order? I presume .NET arranges them in alphabetical order, so you could try changing the names of those you wish to appear first. The plugin also allows you to search through the list.

Note that I am also in the middle of a private beta, and will have to wait for feedback until I can release a new version.

I mean in groups, say i download a set and when i open custom brushes instead of having to scroll through all the brushes because they mix together, I can just click on the set name and click on the brush i want!

Yeah just wondering, I know it won't be any time soon but willing to wait!

My only concern is that my plugin doesn't read images from folders and having a beta available makes modifying and releasing an old (current) version seem a bad idea. If another plugin author agrees that it is ready for release I will add the ability to read brushes in folders (although not categorise brushes yet) and release it.

Out of interest, how will the category system be implemented when a combobox is used to select brushes?

KaHuc.png

I never said you have to implement it now. In fact, I never said you have to implement it at all. It certainly won't be in the next version of Smudge.

I don't think you could do it with a combobox. You'd have to use a menu or something else that could show nesting. Or you could use 2 comboboxes - one that showed the category and one that showed all the brushes in the currently selected category (I only plan on supporting one level of nesting).

Also, I was thinking that adding something like a .INI file or just adding "(Smudge)" or "(Custom Brushes)" to the end of a nested folder name could allow the folder to only show up in the designated program. Why? Well, it doesn't make sense to use stamp-type brushes in Smudge, since it ignores color information.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

I never said you have to implement it now. In fact, I never said you have to implement it at all.

My point was that if such a feature was added to smudge, people wouldn't be able to re-categorise their brushes without breaking them in CB, as (without an update) my plugin ignores any brushes in subfolders.

KaHuc.png