Can't install or update

I get this error every time I try to update or install. It says(and I confirmed) PaintDotNet_x64_1377317480.msi is missing from the Staging folder. I don't know why it isn't there and I have been unable to find anyplace to download it.  I have been unable to get the last 4 updates due to this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like you have an existing paint.net installation that has become broken. Please use this utility to remove the broken installation:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed

Afterwards, you should be able to install paint.net anew.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

I got an error with the trouble shooter. I checked properties and made sure it was unblocked but still it gave me an error. Is there another tool I can use?

never mind. I give up. I've tried everything and I'm tired of fighting with windows because this program screwed up somehow. Even removing every single trace of this program from my computer I can find would not let me reinstall it. I even used another program to remove it from the installed programs list. Still I get the same error. I'll just use something else. Something that won't get corrupted/botched/broken so it can't be updated or uninstalled. I used this for I think 10 years? Not really sure how long I've had it but I refuse to fight with any program to get it to do what it should be doing in the first place. So, thanks for the many years your program worked right, but this is the end for me.

Sorry to hear that you are having this problem.

29 minutes ago, JAFO said:

I'll just use something else. Something that won't get corrupted/botched/broken so it can't be updated or uninstalled.

How will you know that you have found an alternative that also "won't get corrupted/botched/broken" ?

Because...

I used this for I think 10 years

Clearly paint.net has been operating and updating OK for a very long time.

So, thanks for the many years your program worked right, but this is the end for me.

If paint.net has been useful to you, it seems a bit premature to give up.

Especially as...

2 hours ago, JAFO said:

I got an error with the trouble shooter.

... you haven't told us exactly what this error was.

52 minutes ago, JAFO said:

Even removing every single trace of this program from my computer

If you tried manually removing the app you've botched it, as bits remain that you can't now remove. That is hardly paint.net's fault.

If the above uninstaller didn't work, try revo uninstaller. If often completes the removal where other apps can't.

• Upvote 1