Need help with cropped images

I'm trying to crop an image on the inside instead of the outside but will always result in a filled in dark gray whenever I insert it onto something but whenever I copy the image or put it back into paintdotnet, it just shows a normal image but cropped, the way I want it to be. I tried cropping on other pictures like a circle with a black background and cropped out the black on the inside of the circle. The circle came out transparent on the inside. pls help ive been doing this for 3 hours so far

This is a little confusing.  Are you actually cropping the image?

It sounds like you just want to erase parts of an image.  ie, Make those parts transparent.

Are you saying when you copy and paste the image into another program, the transparency is lost?

• Like 1

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

I guess you could say the transparency is lost since it shows up with a white outline filled in with black.

Heres the picture I'm having trouble on, I'm trying to crop out the white so then I can make other things in filmora

berserk4.png

Cropping changes the images dimensions (width and/or height). I think you want to ERASE the white.

Options:

1. Quick & dirty: Paint over the white with a large black brush.
  2. Use the magic wand to select the red symbol (increase the tolerance to 67% to capture all of it). Copy & paste into a new layer. Then fill the original layer with black (Ctrl + A, Backspace)