downloading paintnet

yes currently you 3.36 require net 2

but if I'm reading Ricks blog correctly he is recommending upgrading to 3 for the next version 3.5. of Paint.Net.

QUOTE from his Blog

"October 3, 2008 – 12:42 pm

The features that I want to implement for Paint.NET v4 are easily going to take another 6+ months to finish. However, I really want to get the improvements I’ve already made into the hands of users (that’s you!). I’d also like to get everyone updated to a newer version of .NET (right now Paint.NET v3.36 only requires .NET 2.0). If I wait another “6+” months, then it will be almost time for .NET 4.0 and I don’t want to deal with two big .NET upgrades in the same short period of time — or worse, face the indecision of “release now or in another 6 months after the new .NET is out…”.

you can read the rest here at this link http://blog.getpaint.net/

perhaps some one else can explain to us all how we check which net we currently have on our computors and how to upgrade to what Rick recommends.

ciao OMA

If you go to your control panel and choose "Add/Remove Programs," you can sort the list of all installed programs alphabetically and find the .NET framework. Currently, you'll need to look for ".NET Framework 2.0", but as Oma noted, you'll need the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 with the next release of Paint.NET. You can find 3.5SP1 here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... da479ab0d7

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Just did what david.atwell recommended.

It accord to me; since the dotnet framework is so much linked to Paint.NET.

Would it be a good idea to make a little feature in the help menu, that checked, and reported, what dotnet versions is installed on my computer? And displayed a link to any recommended update?

Just a sugestion to the code guys. :?

My DA: http://leif-j.deviantart.com/

--------------

Some people seek justice so persistent, that they will do great injustice themselves.