How can I select colors using the macro keys on my mouse.

Go to solution Solved by putamen,

Hey there. This is my first topic.

So, I use pencil tool to draw images. I can select only 2 colors for my left and right click of my mouse. But, I want to use my macro buttons on my mouse to dedicate 2 more colors and want to draw with them when they are clicked too. I don't want to waste my time with selecting colors over and over again.

Do you guys know how to do it? There is plugins on this app I think this might be a hint.

p.s. I make pixelart and using 3 or 4 colors for the characters I draw.

image.png.40e038cf0c31b19a087641e337b604f5.png

1 hour ago, putamen said:

I want to use my macro buttons on my mouse to dedicate 2 more colors and want to draw with them when they are clicked too. I don't want to waste my time with selecting colors over and over again.

There was some discussion in 2022 about selecting colours from the palette using keyboard shortcuts: https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/121356-feature-request-dockable-color-palette-keyboard-interface/  however this not currently an implemented feature.

It it is implemented in the future, you would then be able to set the macro buttons on your mouse to produce the appropriate keystrokes.

51 minutes ago, putamen said:

There is plugins on this app I think this might be a hint.

Plugins are not able to do what you are asking.

• Tactilis changed the title to How can I select colors using the macro keys on my mouse.
5 hours ago, putamen said:

Do you guys know how to do it?

Make yourself a custom palette: https://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/WorkingWithPalettes.html

Selecting new colors is as easy as left or right clicking the palette (#5 in this image)

colorswindownumbered.png

12 hours ago, putamen said:

I don't want to waste my time with selecting colors over and over again.

Oh, did you mean @putamen that you are choosing colors using the Color Wheel every time?

If so, you should definitely do what @Ego Eram Reputo suggests and put your 4 colors at the start of the palette for easy access.

• Solution
8 hours ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

Make yourself a custom palette: https://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/WorkingWithPalettes.html

Selecting new colors is as easy as left or right clicking the palette (#5 in this image)

colorswindownumbered.png

So, I created myself a new color palette. This was not the fully solved my problem but it helped anyways. Thank you for your suggestion.

@Ego Eram Reputo

image.png.4eb9738932af8e6a9c3dbea2ed48da2f.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Tactilis said:

Nice lateral thinking to block your colors together so they provide a larger target for the mouse pointer.

Agreed!