Abillity to specify numbers for transformation

I am missing the ability to specify the number of pixels for translation, a number of degrees for rotation, and a number for scaling. A dialog like the one for the colors, that allows you to manually specify the numbers for the transformations - translate, rotate, scale would be nice to have.

You can get the pixels for translation based on the position info it gives in the toolbar, though you need to do the mental arithmetic. You can mostly get the rotation with that info too (it says the angle). The scaling is the hardest to compute, you might need to pull out a calculator to deal with that. Paint.net is a useful tool but it's not intended to be like CAD or Blender with exact translations. I think that's probably out of scope (I can't speak on behalf of course)

4 hours ago, Juxxec said:

ability to specify the number of pixels for translation, a number of degrees for rotation, and a number for scaling

What are you wanting to translate/rotate/scale?  The whole image?  A line or shape that is being drawn?  A selection?

5 hours ago, Juxxec said:

I am missing the ability to specify the number of pixels for translation, a number of degrees for rotation, and a number for scaling. A dialog like the one for the colors, that allows you to manually specify the numbers for the transformations - translate, rotate, scale would be nice to have.

It's already there

Ctrl + Shift + Z

rotatezoom.pngREF: https://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/RotateZoom.html

• Upvote 1