Question Regarding Connecting Images

I don't think this has been answered, or if it has, I can't find it because I'm not really sure what it would be called or where to find, but

I have some art pieces that are too big for my scanner and for most conventional scanners, so I wanted to scan in portions at a time and then link them up to form one large picture and I was wondering how to do? Any help would be amazing, I've paid people in the past to photoshop things together, but I'm tired of that and would like to know how to do on my own.

Much appreciated

I don't think this has been answered, or if it has, I can't find it because I'm not really sure what it would be called or where to find, but

I have some art pieces that are too big for my scanner and for most conventional scanners, so I wanted to scan in portions at a time and then link them up to form one large picture and I was wondering how to do? Any help would be amazing, I've paid people in the past to photoshop things together, but I'm tired of that and would like to know how to do on my own.

Much appreciated

This is possible with pdn. You'll have to use this :RectangleSelectTool: tool. Then move it around with :MoveTool: that. Then copy and paste each portion and move it and connect it. Hope this helped :)

Clone.jpg

You're going to want to first scan in all the parts. Saving each as a separate file might be a good idea, because scanner integration with PDN is a bit constrained.

Open the first image in PDN, then sequentially import the rest of the images using the >"Import from file" from the LAYERS menu.

Next figure out the approximate canvas size you will require (add the image dimensions from each layer) and RESIZE the canvas to that size (IMAGE>Canvas size). You can always repeat this step later if you need it to be larger.

For each layer, use the MOVE tool :MoveTool: to reposition the layer so that each layer lines up with the others.

Save the image as a *.PDN (as this preserves the layers so they can be repositioned if required).