Request for % width/height in the new image dialog

So after ~1 decade of manually multiplying the width or height of an image based on the currently-open image's width or height (which is prepopulated in the width/height boxes), I just realized it'd be nice to have this by default. By long and far the most common use case is for having side-by-side variations of an image (e.g. a "before and after" layout or "step 1, 2, 3"). For this, multiplying the width by 200% or 300% of the current width would suffice. I've been doing that calculation by hand for a while, now.

So my request is if the UI for the New image dialog to allow the new image's width and height to be expressed as a percentage of the currently-open image's width and height. Ideally if there is no image open, these controls would be grayed out (or hidden, as appropriate). There are 2 sections right now, "Pixel size" and "Print size"; maybe a third section like "Relative size to current".

Thoughts?

What if the value boxes accepted simple calculations?

Width: =800x2

Height: =0.5x600

I think this would be simpler as far as the UI is concerned. I recall another app I use does this (damned if I can remember what it is though...).

On 3/15/2023 at 4:12 PM, Ego Eram Reputo said:

I think this would be simpler as far as the UI is concerned. I recall another app I use does this (damned if I can remember what it is though...).

I agree, and thought about that too, though I think that was actually requested here once before and rejected as too much work. Or something similar