Installation Fail

JABAWOCKY
Go to solution Solved by null54,

I have been trying to update my Paint dot net but it keeps failing.  I am currently running v 4.3.12

The installation (or the uninstall) process cannot find the file PaintDotNet_x64_1051506488.msi  nor can I find it anywhere on my computer.

There are lots of installation files in the..Staging folder but none with that number.

What is going on and how do I fix this?

I hope someone can help

Regards

• Solution
29 minutes ago, JABAWOCKY said:

The installation (or the uninstall) process cannot find the file PaintDotNet_x64_1051506488.msi  nor can I find it anywhere on my computer.

It sounds like you have an existing paint.net installation that has become broken. Please use this utility to remove the broken installation:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed

Afterwards, you should be able to install paint.net again.

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

Dear null54

Let me see how I should reply to this message - SUPERSTAR is the word that springs to mnd.

Thank you so much for your help and advice

All is now well in my paint.net world

Thanks again

Regards