Make object glow?

Ty, Pixey! 

I hate to say it, but I tried both but still fumbled figuring it out. :(

How'd you select the knife? I used the Magic Wand feature but that wasn't it. 
I downloaded the Fast FX, but wasn't sure how to get a different color with it. This blue sword is an ex. of what I'm trying to achieve. 

glow.jpg.8d6fac9801f14e561dd959435637b4f8.jpg

The main problem is the background.

Doing anything specifically to the blade area of the sword is made much more difficult because of the black background. You need it to be against a transparent background and once the effect is to your satisfaction you can add the background in a layer below it.

But as it is anything like glow or soft outlining of some sort can not be applied without the background also being affected.

So the first job is to cut the sword image out from the background and do a much cleaner job than appears to have been done already. It looks like the sword has been cut and pasted from somewhere else.

There must be better source photos or images of Viking type long swords than the one used. Try finding a suitable example that already has a transparent background.

IHaveNoName.png

58 minutes ago, IHaveNoName said:

There must be better source photos or images of Viking type long swords than the one used. Try finding a suitable example that already has a transparent background.

Oh, yeah! Def'! That one was just the first to catch my eye in Google images. I can easily find or make one with a transparent background. But that's the look I'm shooting for. That or like the kind of glow a lightsabre sheds= where you can't make out the metal of the blade. Just it's shape emiting light.

11 hours ago, Rickenbacker said:

Oh, yeah! Def'! That one was just the first to catch my eye in Google images. I can easily find or make one with a transparent background. But that's the look I'm shooting for. That or like the kind of glow a lightsabre sheds= where you can't make out the metal of the blade. Just it's shape emiting light.

Hi @Rickenbacker I made a quick video for you:

• Like 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.