How to Install Plugins ×

BoltBait's GPU Accelerated Plugin Pack for Paint.NET v5.0 (Updated 2024-04-29)

BoltBait

34 minutes ago, BoltBait said:

Yeah, my fault.  I compiled it against a beta version of Paint.NET

Download again and see if it doesn't work better now.  I recompiled the ApplyMask.dll file against the released version of Paint.NET.

THANX! Now everything is excellent! Your plugins are very convenient and indispensable!

Have a nice day!

• BoltBait changed the title to BoltBait's GPU Accelerated Plugin Pack for Paint.NET v5.0 (Updated 2023-07-28)
On 7/15/2023 at 10:44 AM, frio said:

Apply Mask ... Transparent pixel color values are important to my texture work.

I just updated the Apply Mask plugin.

It should no longer crash if the number of layers changes and you press Ctrl+F to rerun the effect.

It should now maintain the R, G, and B values for pixels who's Alpha drops to 0.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, BoltBait said:

I just updated the Apply Mask plugin.

It should no longer crash if the number of layers changes and you press Ctrl+F to rerun the effect.

It should now maintain the R, G, and B values for pixels who's Alpha drops to 0.

I just sent you some notes, there's actually one more bug that should be fixed -- UnPremultiplyEffect should not be used on the input!

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Hey, I'm trying to mask an outline to have the same texture as an image on a lower layer. Since I did the outline with your plugin pack, and there's also a Mask option in the plugin, I was wondering if there was an option to mask the fading outline with the same lower layer texture while keeping the outline's same alpha values.

I'll supply an image to show what I mean and what I'm trying to do (I used an example word, so don't question that, it should work (if it can anyway) with other words and images)

In short, is it possible to replace an outline that fades with a texture while keeping the same alpha values as the old outline?

example-min.png

Also, make sure you’re running the latest version of Paint.NET, which is currently 5.0.8 (you stated that you are running 5.0).

@BoltBait has updated these plugins several times, and the updated plugins will require the version of Paint.NET that was current at the time of that update.

Note how you have a Plug-in Errors at the top of your Effects menu — I bet you will see these plugins listed in there.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

On 7/6/2023 at 10:26 AM, talanvelc said:

Yes, the problems remain; toggling Bold and/or Italics on/off doesn't change the font. It does make the font bold and/or italic, but the font itself remains wrong. I've attached two graphics showing the font I'm trying to use (Barlow Condensed) vs the font it's giving me.

DEFAULT.png

BARLOW.png

I'm just not seeing a problem with the Barlow Condensed font:

image.png

Perhaps you just didn't install the font properly.

Here's how to do it:

Step 1: Download the font from https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Barlow+Condensed

Step 2: Right-click on the zip file and "Extract All..."

image.png
Step 3: Click the "Extract" button:

image.png

Step 4: Select all of the font files and right-click on one of them and choose "Show more options":

image.png

Step 5: Choose "Install for all users" from the menu:

image.png

That's it.  Your font should be properly installed and ready for use with my plugin.

• Like 1

Hello! 😄 I have been using this plugin pack for a while now and it's incredible I love it. I just want to report something that's strange about the bevel object/selection effect. 

When using a bevel depth >17 it looks all fuzzy and bumpy (I don't know the best way to describe it I apologise). If I remember correctly, this was not an issue in the pre 5.0 version of the plugin pack. I have attached an image to show what I mean:

image.thumb.png.3f4ba4b4b887e483846744ea2c8b36f7.png

I am trying to create some 3D-looking pipes and the strange effect is clearly visible. Comparatively, here are some pipes I drew ~2 years ago with the older version of the bevel effect:
image.png.ff49ae189e2384684e856d55762fde03.png
Is this a known issue and is it something that could be fixed please? Additionally, if anyone knows of a better method to draw 3D pipes that would be much appreciated. :D 

24 minutes ago, AstralSapphire said:

Is this a known issue and is it something that could be fixed please?

This is a complete rewrite for the newest plugin pack. The old plugin was slow and had problems where it prioritized dark areas.

The new algorithm has a different issue... it needs transparent area around your object measuring equal to (or greater than) the depth you wish to use.  Sometimes it is necessary to increase the size of your canvas before running the effect, then trimming your canvas down after the effect.  Or, maybe you would need to be sure that objects are alone on a layer and not too close to other objects.

The reason for this is that the new algorithm uses this transparent area as a scratch pad during computations and it clears it out before it finishes.

22 minutes ago, BoltBait said:

This is a complete rewrite for the newest plugin pack. The old plugin was slow and had problems where it prioritized dark areas.

The new algorithm has a different issue... it needs transparent area around your object measuring equal to (or greater than) the depth you wish to use.  Sometimes it is necessary to increase the size of your canvas before running the effect, then trimming your canvas down after the effect.  Or, maybe you would need to be sure that objects are alone on a layer and not too close to other objects.

The reason for this is that the new algorithm uses this transparent area as a scratch pad during computations and it clears it out before it finishes.

I see, well I increased the canvas size tenfold and ran the effect with the object on its own layer but it hasn't made any difference to the results.

Hi there! First, wanted to say thanks for the amazing plugin pack. It's been a really helpful set of tools!

I do have a request: With the Outline/Gradient Text tool, can you add an option to align text? It would be helpful to be able to easily center/right-align the text.

Thanks!

[bpmΩ]

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • BoltBait changed the title to BoltBait's GPU Accelerated Plugin Pack for Paint.NET v5.0 (Updated 2024-01-05)
On 10/11/2023 at 12:17 PM, Alfonso123 said:

what happened to the "object shadow pro" option?

I have updated my plugin pack.  Object Shadow Pro is back, baby!

(Only, now it's called Object > Drop Shadow+ and it is GPU accelerated. Enjoy!)

I also added Text Formations > Text Fun Factory into the pack. Check this one out. You're gonna love it!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Hooray 1

When I click "install everything" it says "Paint.net is currently running, please close paint.net, then retry the install." I dont have paint.net open at all and it still says this. Is there anyway I can fix this? Maybe shutting down paint.net completely or something?

11 minutes ago, Puggle said:

When I click "install everything" it says "Paint.net is currently running, please close paint.net, then retry the install." I dont have paint.net open at all and it still says this. Is there anyway I can fix this?

Reboot your PC, which will guarantee that you have killed the paindotnet process.

Does it still happen then?