On 9/9/2022 at 6:21 AM, Ellie Amore said:

1 but i keep getting a popup that directs me to an app store

Did you click on the Classic:

classic.png

Available on GitHub

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

1 hour ago, Pixey said:

Did you click on the Classic:

classic.png

Hi and thank you Ms. Pixey. No, I don't see the classic. I've been looking all over the website for what you so kindly posted, but I just don't see it. I've even searched the site for the word classic. Could you please give me a little more direction as to where to find it?

I've been clicking the link on the home page (getpaint.net) at the top right and then on the next page that opens, I click the free dotPDN button. That opens to a third page where I again click on the 4.3.12 link at the top right. That's when the exe file loads.

I open the file and it goes to a folder (documents, I think) and that's when the problem starts. If I do a regular click on that, the popup occurs directing me to the app store but if I right click and "extract all", I get the same popup. That's as far as I can go.

I'll mention that I'm using a brand-new HP, 64 bit, windows 11 laptop computer I just bought a few days ago. It's a mid-priced laptop that's fully updated. I've also completely reset the computer 3 times in-between download attempts just to make sure I have no viruses. I really miss my paint.net :(  

edit: I should also mention that I'm using an edge browser if that makes a difference. 

Edited by Elle

3 hours ago, Elle said:

Hi and thank you Ms. Pixey. No, I don't see the classic. I've been looking all over the website for what you so kindly posted, but I just don't see it.

You have to go to the first page of the thread.  What I posted was only a screen shot of the first page.

You have to click on the Installer link under the text " Classic Desktop Release."  Once that's downloaded to your computer, unzip it and click on the installer.  If that fails, you can click on the Offline installer on Git Hub.

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Thank you again Ms. Pixey. I tried to use the classic but that didn't work either, so I dusted off my old laptop which is still running on windows 10 and it downloaded paint.net just fine. 

I'm not sure if it's a windows 11 issue or what, but I think I'm going to return my new computer and just be happy with my old comp on windows 10.

am sure that I'll be calling on you all again soon as it's been a few years since I've used paint.net, but I promise to read every tutorial and thread I can find on a subject first. :)

6 hours ago, Ellie Amore said:

I'm not sure if it's a windows 11 issue or what

Did you try getting it from here:  https://github.com/paintdotnet/release/releases

30b8T8B.gif