Is there a shadow plug in?

Sorry if I seem a bit soft in the head but is there a shadow plug in? I am trying to finish the Kiosk Orb tut and want to add a shadow of the image inside just like in the tut. I have searched a number of times but cannot find anything.

I do have the Water Reflections,Wet Floor reflection and Drop Shadow plug in`s. Is one of these used to create the shadow? I have tried Drop Shadow but cannot work out how to angle the shadow away from the object. I only need the shadow to finish it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

I sure do! Got loads of `em. Including the Dropshadow you referred to. If you look on the Kiosk Orb tut towards the end a bottle is added and a shadow included to make it look better. Is this done with the Dropshadow plug in and if so how? I can widen the shadow directly behind an object but can`t work out how to angle it as in the tut.Duplicating and using rotate/zoom possibly?

I sure do! Got loads of `em. Including the Dropshadow you referred to. If you look on the Kiosk Orb tut towards the end a bottle is added and a shadow included to make it look better. Is this done with the Dropshadow plug in and if so how? I can widen the shadow directly behind an object but can`t work out how to angle it as in the tut.Duplicating and using rotate/zoom possibly?

I will look

Yeah i see

You meen the shadow behind the bottle right?

Then my conclusion is you should ask Pyrochild or David Atwell or Rick Brewster because i`m such a noob when it comes to those thingys.

Glad to help you out

Sig.jpg

I always do my shadows manually. Duplicate the layer, convert the bottom to black & white, increase the contrast, lower the brightness, blur it, and then decrease the transparency. Now you have a beautiful shadow you can move to wherever you want.

:-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Where? :-P

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

Think I`ve worked it out. I duplicated the layer with the object (in my case just a letter as its my first attempt and I just want to get one done) Then I used the rotate/zoom on that layer to position the shadow where I wanted it. Magic wand to select it and colour it black(the letter is red). Then move the layer down so its underneath the original layer, play around with the settings a bit to get it looking as shadow like as possible and that`s it. Done.

Seems a fiddly way to do it but unless there is a plug in its the only way I can think of.

This ones going to have to go in my gallery - I`ve been at it for ages!

Thanks for your help anyway. :wink:

Heck !I havn`t had time to write this post out yet! Thanks Dave. Seems like I got it right in the end. You`ve just confirmed that with your post.Thanks for all the help guys.

There is a plugin, I believe, but I like the manual way better.

yes there is an old plug in the the manual way is what I often use as well. seems you have quite a bit more control doing it that way.

depending on where you want the shadow it could be just a matter of rotating the layer and stretching the canvas nubs beyond the picture edge. if you look at the work in progress shots of the pineapple in my gallery that's what I did there.