Paint Palette Labels?

Out of curiosity, is there a way to add a color name label to a color in a palette, so that when one hovers the pointer over the color, the name comes up?

I'm wanting to do a palette with DMC (embroidery floss) colors. These have both numbers and names. It would be much easier to find the color one wants if the name would come up when selecting a color.

I've never seen anything like that, that gives the actual name of the color.  But, there is an App that I use, that gives you the color #'s.  http://www.iconico.com/colorpicker/

I use it quite a bit and it works like this:

color-picker.png

You can generate pallets online too, if you begin with a color, then it gives you matching shades:  https://mycolor.space/?hex=%23845EC2&sub=1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Pixie,

That color picker is pretty cool. I will file it. Not sure if it was the same site, but I have used a shades and tints generator to help with several projects, including my Barn Hunt palette.

No, what I'm wanting to do is make a palette of DMC colors. But when you have multiple blues, greens, yellow, oranges, reds, purples, etc.  of similar hue next to each other, it can be hard to be sure you snagged the right one. I'm going to be doing a project which involves certain specific colors based on DMC. THat's why I was wondering if there was a a plug-in what would yield the names on hover. I know the names can be included in the palette file. Just wondering if they could be called up, as it were.

One possibility is to make a  palette grid .pdn file to Color Picker tool from.

You could have the file open on a tab next to your work image.

The cost would be the time needed to make the palette grid file

and additional mouse-clicks per color change.

May, or might not, be worth the time and effort.

5DAki2.png

5 hours ago, ardneh said:

One possibility is to make a  palette grid .pdn file to Color Picker tool from.

You could have the file open on a tab next to your work image.

The cost would be the time needed to make the palette grid file

and additional mouse-clicks per color change.

That's actually a good thought.  I might also save it as a PNG file, which would allow people who may not (yet) use PDN to use it.