Save Image as vs copy image

arana

I want to open an image for edition using paint.Net the image comes from the web and I am using firefox, if I save the image using SAVE IMAGE AS then when I open it, the colors don't match, if I select COPY IMAGE and then paste to new image in paint.net, then It shows correct colors, this maybe is a problem with firefox and not paint.net, how do  you think I  can solve this, as the images are going to be sent to me by users, they just want to save image and send it to me, We don't want them to be opening an editor to paste image then save and send to me (I wouldn't care but their manager may argue it takes them much time lol) .

Edited by arana

This sounds like an issue with gamma correction.  In which case, Firefox is doing what it's supposed to do.  i.e. Reading the gamma information from your image file, and displaying it accordingly.

You can use PNGGauntlet to remove the gamma correction and other metadata from PNG files.

Let us know if that makes a difference.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

not sure if this is the case, if I open the image by itself using firefox (after using save as... from firefox) then the image does not display as original, here is the link of one of the cases:

RHPkt.jpg

if you open it in firefox shows blue-ish colors

then save image as...

open it in firefox, shows dull black  colors

ZZSBA4r.jpg

open it in paint dot net, same black colors

but if you copy the image instead of saving, then paste it on new paint net document, save the file then you can open it in firefox or paint and it will show the correct blue colors

Edited by arana

9 hours ago, arana said:

I want to open an image for edition using paint.Net

Your images are copies of the named doctor's  blank prescription template (Receta Medica) See here.

Golly gosh! How could  perfect reproduction of a copied medical prescription sheet be of any help to you ?

• Upvote 1

very helpful comment anonypiss, british perhaps?, for starters it is not perfect by any means, plus lacks tons of validations needed here to be of any use, also who said anything about it being useful to me, cant you read? users are going to send me many images, most of them images of online forms.

This thread went hostile fast, I'm closing it.

@arana, name calling like that is not acceptable behavior and you will be banned if it happens again. This is your only warning.

You got an answer from @toe_head2001. Your images have embedded color profiles, which affects how certain programs display them. If you just "copy paste" then you're only copying the pixels, not any of the metadata (e.g. the color profile). Whether this gets you what you need is up to you.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg