Is Adjustments/Black And Alpha gone?

BTRIPP

Hi ...

I just switched over to a new computer and did a fresh install on Paint.net (4.2.14).  I was working on a project and was wanting to switch a black & white image over to Black and Alpha, and was very confused that this was no longer in the Adjustments menu.  Has this been removed???  What other options would I have in taking out all the white and making those parts transparent?

Also ... and this my just be "messed up time lines" talking ... didn't there used to be a perspective tool that was a little globe that you could select an item and shift it around?  I was expecting that to be there as well, but maybe I've been bumped out of the time line where that existed!

Thanks.

Edited by BTRIPP
typo

Hello @BTRIPP and welcome :)

Are you talking about these in the Adjustments drop down?

PKClaRK.png

Also, the 'little globe' is it the Rotate/Zoom perhaps?  Look under Layers to find that.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

The "globe thing" is under Layers, like @Pixey wrote above.

Black and Alpha+ is a plugin you'll need to install.

You mention you have a fresh installation of PDN. I think you may need to install a few more of your favourite plugins. Look for them by browsing the Plugin Publishing forum or use the Plugin Index for a search.  

Xkds4Lh.png

On 11/15/2020 at 8:17 AM, Pixey said:

Hello @BTRIPP and welcome :)

Are you talking about these in the Adjustments drop down?

PKClaRK.png

Also, the 'little globe' is it the Rotate/Zoom perhaps?  Look under Layers to find that.

Yeah, I don't currently have the "Black and Alpha" option.

Thanks for pointing me to the Layers tab ... I thought I'd looked through everything to find the Rotate/Zoom thing, but evidently I managed to miss it!

On 11/15/2020 at 9:44 AM, Djisves said:

The "globe thing" is under Layers, like @Pixey wrote above.

Black and Alpha+ is a plugin you'll need to install.

You mention you have a fresh installation of PDN. I think you may need to install a few more of your favourite plugins. Look for them by browsing the Plugin Publishing forum or use the Plugin Index for a search.  

Thanks!  I don't recall installing plug-ins before, but I've been using PDN for ages, so could have forgotten.