Paint.Net 4.2.13.7521.38873 Hanging

OhGod

Hello!

I'm a relatively new user (discovered the awesomeness that is paint.net maybe a month or so ago), and until yesterday, it was working great!  (Thank you). 

Yesterday, however, I posted on a different forum about issues I was having with Internet speed and one thing led to another, contacted Microsoft and they had me reinstall and update with what was supposed to be "NO changes to my files, programs or apps".   Of course, that wasn't the case.  A few of my programs are super wonky today, including Paint.net.  😢

Today, I have tried resizing the canvas on a .png file, and then just to test it wasn't the file, a .jpg file, and it hangs/gets stuck each time.  Just now, when viewing the version for the title of this post, it hung up again.  I have already uninstalled and installed it, cleaned my registry, etc., uninstalled, cleaned, reinstalled ... and same thing.

Any thoughts, please?

Presentation1.png

Looks like you're using some custom theming.  Windows Blinds (and similar theming programs) can cause all sorts of issues with Paint.NET.

Please try disabling the custom theme, and see if the hang persists.

Let us know how it goes.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

4 minutes ago, toe_head2001 said:

Looks like you're using some custom theming.  Windows Blinds (and similar theming programs) can cause all sorts of issues with Paint.NET.

Please try disabling the custom theme, and see if the hang persists.

Let us know how it goes.

Ooooh, prefer not to do that.  (Please don't take my response in the wrong way - sometime tone doesn't carry to the 'typed' word). 

Icons, background are all mine, but you are correct in that the Display Themer is Windowblinds, which is wonky on its' own at best.  Seeing as I've had it, and my customizations, since first using and installing Paint.Net with no problem, I can't imagine it is that now.

It's no big deal, I guess.  Thank you for trying to help.  I might just contact MS again, seeing as it isn't just paint.net that is acting funny.  My driver updater is not working, context menus are almost empty ....  Hopefully will get it resolved and I can then reinstall Paint.net.  It's a terrific program.

Yeah WindowBlinds causes allllllllllll sorts of problems. I would at least try temporarily disabling it to see if the problem goes away.

As it is, we can't help you any further if you've got WB enabled. It really is that bad.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg