A strange glitch with selections and colors

Recently, I'm dealing with an odd glitch with the selection tools. Any time I use the magic wand or rectangle select, if I then open up the color menu to show me the RGB and HSV, and hit backspace on one of the numbers, everything I selected will become the color currently on the primary palette, before I hit backspace. For example, Green's value is currently at 255, I want to 55, so I go to delete the two, everything I selected will turn into the color with 255 green. Also the number doesn't get removed. The only thing I can backspace while selecting is the hex code. The backspace works fine if I'm not selecting, and highlight the numbers and typing out the number works fine too, even while selecting. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, I've searched through the settings, and I'm using the latest version. This isn't the result of any plug-ins, as I tested it after removing them, and got the same results. Does anyone know what's going on?

Edited by Neonyoshi150
Added info about plug-ins not causing the issue

18 minutes ago, LoudSilence said:

I'm pretty sure this is on purpose as I don't know how this could be a glitch without being intentional. When you are selecting something and change the color like that, It most likely thinks you are trying to make the selection a certain color.

I'm not sure if it is intentional. I booted up an old laptop to test if was having the same issue and it wasn't. Also, I should have mentioned in the op, but using backspace to delete numbers on the color selection was working fine earlier.

7 minutes ago, MJW said:

Sounds like a bug to me. It's doing the fill because Backspace is the shortcut for Fill Selection; However, when a backspace is used in the context of typing in a number, it should do a backspace, not the fill.

That makes sense why its doing that. Is there anyway to rebind shortcuts?

Edited by Neonyoshi150
forgot a word.

14 minutes ago, Neonyoshi150 said:

That makes sense why its doing that. Is there anyway to rebind shortcuts?

I don't believe the shortcuts can be changed or eliminated. I expect Rick Brewster will comment on the problem soon. He usually stays on top of things like this.

Until it's fixed (assuming it's a bug), you can use the mouse to select and delete the mis-typed number.

18 minutes ago, MJW said:

I don't believe the shortcuts can be changed or eliminated. I expect Rick Brewster will comment on the problem soon. He usually stays on top of things like this.

Until it's fixed (assuming it's a bug), you can use the mouse to select and delete the mis-typed number.

Yeah, that's what I've been doing since this started. 

• 2 weeks later...