Sony RAW File Extension for Paint.net?

Go to the Plugin Index (link in my signature) and...

Type in the keyword "raw"

Check the Plugin Type = File Type.

Order  = By Release (date)

From the results, start with the most recent release date and work backwards from there.

• 2 months later...

If you tried to open a SONY .SRF file, RawFileLAB 1.0.5.1 now supports that, I simply had not registered that extension in the plugin. SONY .ARW and .SR2 should work fine with older versions, though. 

It is highly recommended to upgrade for everyone, because v1.0.5.1 added support for 12 new file extensions, including a fix for the newest Adobe DNG Converter which is required for Canon .CR3 and GoPro .GPR files.

Edited by operamint

@Ego Eram Reputo: Probably not the way you meant it, but is this the way you solve support questions? Just pointing people to use any old inferior similar plugin instead, rather than trying to resolve the problem?

In fact, there are several things that is somewhat provoking in this forum. A total of 250kb is allowed to be uploaded in a dedicated plugin upload forum, including in-post images - seriously?  In my case it results in that I am not able to upload dcraw, making it "half" a plugin, and users must chase for the rest elsewhere. I could possibly ask/beg for more space, but that is not my point.

The plugin always seems to be low down in the plugin list, also after updates - not much point in doing so if nobody sees it.

Finally, for your reference, RawFileLAB is technically superior in every way compared to that list of raw input plugins you referred to, even when removing the GUI component (which you can):

• it streams the data directly to DCRAW, whereas others first copy the input file and then loads it, making them much slower.
  • it links to a version of DCRAW which is nearly twice as fast as the exe others have included the their plugin.
  • it supports nearly twice as many raw file extensions as others, including extensions not supported by DCRAW, via use of DNG converter.

I was inclined to take down the plugin, as I made initially for my own usage anyway, but I will leave it as some users actually appreciate it.

6 hours ago, operamint said:

@Ego Eram Reputo: Probably not the way you meant it, but is this the way you solve support questions? Just pointing people to use any old inferior similar plugin instead, rather than trying to resolve the problem?

The instructions given asked the user to download the plugins one by one in order of latest release. I did not have their image, camera, pc or even the error message. Given the lack of a starting point I made a suggestion to try them all starting with the most recent as this would probably be the most likely fix.

n fact, there are several things that is somewhat provoking in this forum. A total of 250kb is allowed to be uploaded in a dedicated plugin upload forum, including in-post images - seriously?  In my case it results in that I am not able to upload dcraw, making it "half" a plugin, and users must chase for the rest elsewhere. I could possibly ask/beg for more space, but that is not my point.

We have thousands of forum users. Space costs. It's as simple as that. If you require more, make a case for it and let a Mod know. We're not unreasonable.

The plugin always seems to be low down in the plugin list, also after updates - not much point in doing so if nobody sees it.

By default the list is sorted alphabetically. See where I suggested the OP use the sort date? That should put yours on top.

Finally, for your reference, RawFileLAB is technically superior in every way compared to

While RawFileLAB might be superior - it was EXACTLY that plugin the user was having trouble with, hence my suggestion to try others. This was no reflection on the plugin or its implementation.

I think you're being overly sensitive here. Chill. We appreciate you plugin and the effort you put in to creating it. Had the OP had a problem with any other RAW plugin yours would have been the first I suggested they try.

• Like 1