PDN opens for 3 seconds, closes w/o interaction

Primary problem here is: I can open the file, but as soon as I do, around a few seconds later it closes.

Previously, I installed the Paint.NET demo on the Microsoft Store (when I already had it, so huge mistake on my part), and now that the demo's ended, I can't open it at all.

Tried to look for the crash log folder (wherever it is in the maze of files we call Windows Explorer), and I can't get IN the actual program to open it from there.

I'm stuck right now, and need a solution. Hopefully ya'll can help.

Thanks!

- Plague

Edit: Gonna head to bed, if anyone responds, I'll see it later, likely.

Edited by Ternith Plague

37 minutes ago, Ternith Plague said:

... now that the demo's ended, I can't open it at all.

So it's not actually crashing? It's just closing because the trial period has ended?

If the trial period has ended, you have two options:

- Buy the app, and support further development.

- Uninstall the app, and switch to the classic paint.net available at getpaint.net.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

5 hours ago, toe_head2001 said:

So it's not actually crashing? It's just closing because the trial period has ended?

If the trial period has ended, you have two options:

- Buy the app, and support further development.

- Uninstall the app, and switch to the classic paint.net available at getpaint.net.

Thing is, I did that. Multiple times in fact. Don't know what happened.

Hi @Ternith Plague :)  You probably have so many installs on your computer that you should try this:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed

Then download the free version from here.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

@Pixey, that tool doesn't work with apps from the Microsoft Store.

5 hours ago, Ternith Plague said:

I did that. Multiple times in fact. Don't know what happened.

You tried to uninstall the app from the Store? What happened when you tried? Were any messages or errors displayed?

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png

1 hour ago, toe_head2001 said:

@Pixey, that tool doesn't work with apps from the Microsoft Store.

You tried to uninstall the app from the Store? What happened when you tried? Were any messages or errors displayed?

It won't allow me to uninstall it from the store. No option to. I tried manually uninstalling from the Control Panel. Didn't work, same problem.

To clarify, it'll let me uninstall, remove the Paint.NET Program File, etc. Then install it, but once installed, it gives the same problem.

Edited by Ternith Plague
Clarification.

You still need to answer these questions:

Is the issue with a classic installation of paint.net, or with a Store installation of paint.net?

If the issue is with a Store installation of paint.net, is it actually crashing, or is it just closing due to a expired trial period?

bp-sig.png