Need Help With Logo

I can not figure out how to smooth out the pixelated-type edges on the logo that I have attached.  Is there any way to make the curved edges smooth?  I have watched countless tutorials and tried many of the various plug-ins, but can't actually get it to work myself.

Thank you in advance for any advice posted.

SilverFox-Logo-head with circle FINAL TRANSPARENT SILVER VERSION SILVER BACKGROUND.jpg

So, if I zoom in like 2 clicks, where the silver meets the blue the curved lines are "choppy".  Not a smooth curve like I would expect.  Also, where the light silver meets the darker silver.  Maybe, that's just how it is...and, maybe, the it becomes more distorted the more you zoom in.  I don't know, but I'm willing to learn what's up.

1 minute ago, timwatsonsc1978 said:

So, if I zoom in like 2 clicks, where the silver meets the blue the curved lines are "choppy".  Not a smooth curve like I would expect.  Also, where the light silver meets the darker silver.

Yes, that's what I observed too.

I'm asking why all those tutorials you looked at didn't work for you. Where did you get stuck with them?

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

@timwatsonsc1978

You are working with a raster image therefore it will never be 100% 'smooth'.

Limited color graphics designs, such as yours, are more pleasing when done as a vector image.
There are several free and open source vector graphic software options out there in cyberspace,

and some will permit you to convert your raster image into a vector image.
Do a search for tutorials on making this conversion!

I've had this problem when creating skins for various games console dashboards where I've wanted a circular window cut out on top of another image underneath.

The way I fudged this was to add a circular (background colour) cut out on top but with a slightly blurred edge. I then sandwich inbetween them a thin ring slightly smaller than the blurred edge in the icon's outer base colour (in that case ^^^^ dark blue) and blurred that slightly. Where the two blurred edges overlap it fills the jagged edges of outer circular edge of the icon 'reasonably' well. You're in effect graduating the outer icons colour into the background colour but the transparency of the blurring leaves the actual outer edge still predominant.

The outer edge is not as crisp but sharpening or reducing or increasing the transparency of one of the blurred elements can help.

It requires almost pixel level positioning adjustment and blur type and amount I can not even guess at - I just tried lots of combinations until it looked good, or at least better than it did in the original.

There may well be layer blend options which will help but I'm nobody to advise on that.

I'd also point out this was for display at relatively small size on a 720p, at most, TV screen.    

IHaveNoName.png

@timwatsonsc1978
I also did a hurried remake of your project. I both re-scaled and converted to a SVG image.
Here is a link to my edit:
(Within the .zip archive are the edited & re-scaled .png and its .svg conversion.
The raster color edit and re-scaling were done in Paint.NET and the vector conversion was done in Inkscape.)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j7qdwm2dhepi3ms/FoxFace_B.zip?dl=0

Edited by HyReZ
  • Like 1

I did not see the problem included elements within the icon detail itself, I thought it was just the outer circle.

That's what happens when you have dodgy eyesight and as a consequence use a slightly lower than normal resolution (1152x864). :(

Welshblue's solution does a very decent job but the eye area with its tighter curves whilst clearly better is not as good as the rest so stands out a bit.

HyReZ's SVG, as you'd expect, is as good as it is ever likely to get.

IHaveNoName.png