Print dot reverter plugin?

I've tried to search for a plugin (on any software) that could revert scans of printed images (print dots) back to flat colors - close the original image used in printing. So far I've been unlucky, I might be using wrong words when searching.

Something where you could for example input the dpi of the scanned image and/or the dpi of the print. Based on those values, the plugin would calculate surrounding areas of points and turn them into flat colors - blended with other colors. Is or would such stuff be possible?
Does such plugin exist on paint.net or anywhere? I know that opposite stuff exist which creates such dots to pictures. 

printdots100.jpg.75ea38951a7e5d55db69b333af9dcc09.jpg

My issues is with high resolution scans, 2400dpi or above. If I try to use (scale them down) anywhere, the image starts to form different patterns based on the software doing the scaling. Paint.net for example creates these uneven circle patterns. Resulting the high resolution image look worse than lower quality scan.

printdots112.jpg.5b5852ff8a6cded91ce94ce23f120c4c.jpg

Any solutions to this issue? Thanks!

Greetings,

DPI (Dots Per Inch) is for printers while image resolution for screen viewing is processed and converted to pixels. They are not the same and are not interchangeable terminology. With a 12 mega-pixel camera, 300 PPI can be adequate for over 90% of printing purposes (8x10 - 11x14). When printing to larger formats; the printer drivers and RIP processors will calculate what adjustments needed for the process.

As for your problem of trying to convert the scanned images in printer dots into something that will simulate pixels is problematic!
It is commonly called halftone de-screening.

This is what I found on this forum:

https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/111667-fixremove-moire-patterns-from-scanned-images/

Edited by HyReZ
to add more nfo and clarification