"Long Shadow" Plugins?

Related image

I'm looking for a plugin that allows me to do something similar to this. I've seen tutorials online where you use the line / curve tool but for some reason it never seems to work too well with me, especially when I try to make the edge fade as opposed to having the shadow reach the edge of the image. Are there any plugins which allow me to do this? 

14 minutes ago, welshblue said:

Maybe others will have a different choice but the Plugin I go to now for all types of shadowing is Trail Blur by MJW

I find it very versatile for all sorts of stuff.  Depending on the settings you may have to run it 2 or 3 times to get the result you want.

It's a case of experimenting

trail-Blur.jpg

I tried it and unfortunately it didn't seem to work too well. Thank you, regardless.

To get to a close proximity of what you are asking

I would create my top layer of text in my first color choice
Next I would duplicate that layer and use the Bucket tool to recolor each letter to my shadow color
Then I would use the Add Depth.dll plugin by maccas with the depth set to 100% and your angle to what ever (I used -40 degrees in my attempt.)

https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/22457-add-depth-plug-in/

Testing.jpg

Edited by HyReZ

This is definitely possible using pyrochild's Trail plugin and a little bit of work.

1. Make sure your text is on a second layer (Layer 3 in photo) surrounded by transparency.

2. Duplicate that layer of text (Layer 2 in photo).

3. Use the Trail plugin with fade-out disabled, max distance (500 unfortunately but should be enough), and spacing of 1.

image.thumb.png.d190e728cc83846fb8599c0cf30c753f.png

4. Use magic wand to select your trailed text and fill using the color of choice... done!

image.thumb.png.ce8cf375d72d97812f9778564465fa84.png

Result:

image.thumb.png.dbdc63571693d0f70c4b2df844f2bbef.png

Edited by SodiumEnglish
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 2/5/2019 at 11:32 PM, SodiumEnglish said:

This is definitely possible using pyrochild's Trail plugin and a little bit of work.

1. Make sure your text is on a second layer (Layer 3 in photo) surrounded by transparency.

2. Duplicate that layer of text (Layer 2 in photo).

3. Use the Trail plugin with fade-out disabled, max distance (500 unfortunately but should be enough), and spacing of 1.

image.thumb.png.d190e728cc83846fb8599c0cf30c753f.png

4. Use magic wand to select your trailed text and fill using the color of choice... done!

image.thumb.png.ce8cf375d72d97812f9778564465fa84.png

Result:

image.thumb.png.dbdc63571693d0f70c4b2df844f2bbef.png

Apologies for the late reply.

This option worked the best for me, thank you so much. ❤️