Images won't screen (Blend Mode)

Pho

Hi! I've been trying to screen images or overlays with black backgrounds, but it doesn't work, no matter what, it seems to "work" but with the black background still there. Anybody have any advice? I tried restarting my computer and reinstalling Paint.net.

Hello @Pho and Welcome to the forum :)

Could you explain what you mean by 'screen' please.  What steps are you using?  i.e. Do you import the image into paint.net?

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

@Pixey Well, what I mean by screen, is using the layer blending mode, "screen" is one of the options when pulling up the layer blending mode on a layer. When I use overlays, or images that have black backgrounds, I open it up into paint.net, and I go to the layer that it is on, and I click on the drop down menu where it shows all of the layer blending modes, and I click screen, and usually, everything on that image that is black, will not be visible.

I've edited the title of this topic to be less ambiguous.

In order for the Screen Blend Mode to work, a non-transparent layer needs to be below it.

Alternatively, if you simply want to change black to transparent, you can use a plugin; such as Color Clearer.

• Like 1

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

• toe_head2001 changed the title to Images won't screen (Blend Mode)