Changes the background of the image to white.

Hello @seangsiri77 and Welcome to Paint.net :)

You will need to remove the background color that you don't like.  If it's a dark color, you could use a variety of Plugins, like:

Kill Color Keeper - Grim Color Reaper - Cut Color

Here is How to install Plugins.

And, here is a video doing it another way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWgl2cPswuM

Once you have removed the old background, select the transparent area with the magic wand, make a new layer and add the color white.  You may need to use AA's Assistant on the image you removed the background from, then flatten the layers and then:  File -Save As- and choose which format you want, i.e. .jpeg or .png.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

6 hours ago, seangsiri77 said:

I have a picture and I want to convert the background to white. I've done a search through conversation.

Is the background a single color that contrasts with the foreground (or at least the edges of the foreground), or is it complex? If it's a single contrasting color, the process will probably be fairly simple; if the background is complex, the process to remove it will probably also be complex.  The degree of difficulty almost always depends on how much difference there is between the background and foreground near the edge where they meet.  You're much more likely to get a useful answer if you describe in more detail what you're trying to do.