When I make my Laptop sleep, will Paint.NET drain the Battery?

Once, I left Paint.NET running on my laptop and just left it to sleep, the battery was quite drained by the time I returned. Is this supposed to happen? The drainage was from 80% to less than 20% battery life.

Note that I did not have any other applications running at the time.

On 5/11/2018 at 4:52 PM, LionsDragon said:

I've never known it to happen. Almost sounds like something was running in the background that you didn't catch.

I've checked before I close it. Nothing was running at the moment. I'll check again the next time I do so and let you know.

This is a bit silly. Processes don't run in the background while a computer is in sleep mode. The computer goes into a lower power state (usually less than 0.5W); just enough to retain what's in RAM.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

13 hours ago, SodiumEnglish said:

How old is the laptop? Could the battery be going bad? By saying you checked for something in the background, did you look at the task manager processes?

It just reached 1 year old a month ago. I highly doubt the battery is going bad so soon.

8 hours ago, toe_head2001 said:

This is a bit silly. Processes don't run in the background while a computer is in sleep mode. The computer goes into a lower power state (usually less than 0.5W); just enough to retain what's in RAM.

And that is why I'm curious whether leaving Paint.NET running could be a culprit of the drain.