How to print without resizing

Hello,

I'm running v3.35 and have a simple question. When I select Print I'm forced to follow a wizard and the last step gives me options to print and enlarge the picture to full screen and a few other options for fixed sizes (e.g. 20x25, 10x15, etc). How do I print at the size I want, e.g. the original size without any stretching?

thanks.

Hello chucklepie.

Many would admit that Paint.NET does not have the best printing interface as it doesn't give the fine-tuning one might want from their print. Therefore, to overcome this, some users save the project they're working on as a PNG image file (as this format is completely lossless) and open it up in Microsoft Paint, printing from there.

As you will see, MS Paint does present more configurable preferences from Page Setup, where you can adjust orientation, margins and scaling options.

As a side note, you would have found this information elsewhere from using the Search facility (found at the top of the page). For instance, if you used the term 'print' and set to return the results as topics rather than posts, you would have found at least one relevant topic on the first page alone.

Therefore, to overcome this, some users save the project they're working on as a PNG image file (as this format is completely lossless) and open it up in Microsoft Paint.NET, printing from there.

Do you mean Microsoft Paint? Calling PDN MS Paint is downright insulting. :wink:

• 3 weeks later...

It's because (if I'm not mistaken) this grand software uses a default printing wizard. I'm sure that when Rick finds the time to sink his teeth into the printing wizard, it'll be summarily awesomed. :-) (Yes, awesomed. You got a problem with that, mac? ;-))

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Hello,

I'm running v3.35 and have a simple question. When I select Print I'm forced to follow a wizard and the last step gives me options to print and enlarge the picture to full screen and a few other options for fixed sizes (e.g. 20x25, 10x15, etc). How do I print at the size I want, e.g. the original size without any stretching?

thanks.

You have to enlarge the canvas on ISO 216 format (DIN A4 format where I come from is 21,00 cm x 29,70 cm)

After that you can print the image without resizing.

Edit: Enlarge the canvas (Not the image).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paper_size

The international paper size standard, ISO 216, is based on the German DIN 476 standard for paper sizes.
Thanks, that what I did (well, I started up photoshop, waited 15 minutes for it to be ready, then printed). However, it seems strange that software this good has such poor printing options...

It has a good one. You just have to understand it. If your graphic is too small the printer can't know where to place it on an ISO 216 format paper sheet. Just enlarge the canvas and place the graphic where you want on the transparent, ( or white - if saved as JPEG - area)