All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. Ahh - I thought you wanted to make a plugin image/interface. If you are looking on how to make buttons, there is a tutorial here. The PDF should still have the original pictures intact. It may be a good idea to take a look in the Tutorials thread, on how to make things using Paint.net
  4. Thanks Pixey for your answer, but I think there is a misunderstood.. why should I learn how to code a plug-in ? This is not my target at the moment. I just need some hint on about how to draw a panel like that in the first picture, and use some plug-in to better accomplish such a task.. Sorry if my question was not clear enough. My goal is to draw a panel that resembles the one in the picture ( is a screenshot of the game "Command and Conquer" ). Actually I'm developing a similar game, and I would like to learn how to use Paint.net and its plugins, in order to draw a panel like that 😉
  5. You would first have to learn how to use/write code. Please read here: https://boltbait.com/pdn/CodeLab/help/tutorial.php
  6. Then you will need to download it from here: https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/16643-dpys-plugin-pack-2014-05-04/
  7. Queso76

boom

gg
  8. It's the Black & White Alpha+ that's missing --- I often used it. I went from 5.0.9 to 13 and saw the change.
  9. Dear all, I would like to draw an UI-Panel like the one in the picture (right side), from within the player can choose units. I'm quite new about Paint.net, and what I really need is someone that takes my hand and point me toward the plugins/techniques I could use in order to make such a panel, such bevel, emboss, buttonize, gradient, and the likes. Right now I can design it with the shape tool, but the result is waaay far from what I would like - it should not be exactly the same, but at least be appealing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your attention, Sergio My (miserable) attempt:
  10. Not unless the new version of PDN requires it. Plugin breaking changes do occur, but rarely.
  11. uninstalled, deleted the reg key, reinstalled and it seems to work now... odd! thx for the time all... and great app!
  12. Yesterday
  13. Those could easily just be left over from old versions from when they were current
  14. I've been on 5.0.13 ... if I remember correctly, it prompted me to update and I was only 1 release back atthat point also. The Windows add/remove panel shows it was installed 3-11-2024 reinstalling now
  15. I don't know what the encoder does to those channels, you should as the AOM developers about that. For color images, the plugin converts the RGB input to YCbCr. For monochrome/grayscale images, the plugin sets the Y channel to the grayscale value and sets Cb and Cr to a constant value to improve compression (the exact value doesn't matter as the decoder will only read data from the Y channel).
  16. Hey Bolt, just wanted to ask, is your plugin pack updated with paint.net or separately from it? Do I have to redownload the plugin when a new update is released?
  17. btw this future release is 5.1, and I'm hoping to push out a public alpha in the next few weeks, so be sure to try it out!
  18. Essentially I'm working on a map project, and part of it is a height map overlay. I want to change to a new projection but the height map has a different color scheme (off-color file) that isn't the pure white and black as the previous height map for the other projection. When I try to layer the new one using the multiply layer tool, the resulting image is significantly darker, as opposed to the previous projection overlay, which would not darken the image at all except for adding definition to mountains. So, how can I change the color scheme of one png to match the other? If it's possible?
  19. Make sure you are installing version 5.0.13. Looking at your registry keys, your present version seems well out of date.
  20. I would not go exploring the registry and deleting things. That is often a recipe for making things worse.
  21. If you have my plugin pack installed, try using Adjustments > Hue/Sat+ Just start with a general selection, then run the effect: After setting the controls at the top to select your brown frame, use the Hue Adjustment to change the frame color.
  22. its installed... "C:\Program Files\paint.net\paintdotnet.exe" I'll uninstall / reinstall
  23. That's odd. You should have registry keys for: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\paint.net\ File/MostRecent/Path0 .. 9 File/MostRecent/Thumbnail0 .. 9 File/MostRecent/ThumbnailDpi0 .. 9 Looking at the key Updates/LastCheckTimeUtc with value 637777865591369352, it seems that the last time you used this version and it did an update check was 2022-01-14 19:49:19 Did you once have the installer version of paint.net, which uses the Registry, but since then have used only the portable version, which does not use the registry?
  24. Used several version of Paint.net over the last year or so -- I'm a casual user so only use it once a month or so. None of the versions have ever populated 'Recent' files ( File -> Open Recent)? Registry doesn't look like it has any keys for it.
  25. Yes something similar to that, though looking more professional (no offense intended, I couldn't do it!) - I suppose swapping wood into a grey slick paint like texture is difficult, vs simply a re-colour of an existing exact paint job say in white to blue or something.
  26. When compressing AVIF images using Paint.net, does the encoder process the Cb and Cr components separately or are they compressed identically? Thanks for your reply!
  1. Load more activity