Making a skull

something like that would be too finniky to draw with pen and lines, draw it out, scan it in. Do a base colour png, shadow png and highlight png then put it all together..As said something on that scale would take a long time for anyone..

I did a skull quite awhile back. see page 1 of my gallery and page 13 where I tell a little about making the Indy picture.

viewtopic.php?p=162517#p162517

viewtopic.php?p=210026#p210026

maybe some of that will help. it all depends on you drawing skills, and the effort you put into it. but you should be able to get something fairly close if you take your time and use effects.

ciao OMA

no didn't forget that one at all Lance it was a remarkable picture by ASH . As jmc has 2 posts only and appears not to be to familiar with just how powerful the program can be in the right hands I offered up my more tame example. If he/she is up to the art drawing and dedicated to learning the plugins and effects this picture is more than acheivable.

I'm looking forward to jmc tackling it or something similar. I hope jmc opens a gallery and lets us see some in the progress shots so we can all follow along, and a place for the forum members to offer advise and hints to help him/her accomplish this ambitious picture.

ciao OMA

Oma, my reply wasn't directed at you, but rather at the users who suggested to use other softwares.

Now I hope those users didn't disappointed the poster to use another software.

I agree that jim should open a gallery to get some feedback or use the Image Hospital to help him out.

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

Oma, my reply wasn't directed at you, but rather at the users who suggested to use other softwares.

Now I hope those users didn't disappointed the poster to use another software.

I agree that jim should open a gallery to get some feedback or use the Image Hospital to help him out.

oh I know you weren't directing it at me. just wanted to point out there are ways to do things and other ways to do things. the outcome of anyone's intended art is only limited to their ability to draw, or cough cough cough cut and paste a skull and ability to use the programs plugins to max effect.

maybe it could be a challenge event other forum. or a group effort over there. I'm in as I've a few ideas already.

ciao OMA

ps this looks quite a bit like metal more than crystal. :wink: