The TMNT logo

I have a couple of questions about how to make this logo.

logoanim.png

First of all, how do you make a piece of text bend like that, so that it shapes itself like around a circle, as if you wanted to make a cd?

Second, are there any good plugins for making textures on stuff, like, to create an illusion of depth or whatever?

Third, how would you go about creating lighting effects? Like there was a light shining from, say, in this case, above?

Fourth... how do you make something skew like the black text on the red does - horizontally stretching the top but not the bottom?

I

logoanim.png

For the Teenage Mutant Ninja part, you could have text in a red box which could then be rotated/distorted with the 3D Rotate and Zoom tool. I'm not sure about the "Turtles" part, it could just be a font.

"Turtles" is indeed a font. Look on dafont.com.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

You mean this one? http://www.dafont.com/fr/turtles.font

Yeah, it's similar, but it's not the same... but that's not really what I wanted to know - how would you go about making text look like that on your own? Sure a good looking font would be nice to begin with, but what about the way it seems to be set around a circle? How'd you make the Indiana Jones-styled text in your sig, for example?

Download the Tube Oblique plugin, and familiarize yourself with what it can do. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.