eraser changing from left clik to right clik ?

yes totally odd right in the middle of a picture as well I might say. good thing it was only a practice of technique.

I closed out the paint.net program re started and the mouse was back to the left click. so odd

I've just tried to replicate and couldn't. must just have been a glitch with the combination of plugins.

the ones I was using on the test picture were multi gradiant, power stretch, drop shadow, rotate layers and then feather. so could have been any one of them or a combination of all.

very odd behaviour.

will mark it up as a glitch for now. and if it happens again will record exact steps.

so for now looks fine just strange.

Very, very odd. I'm going to toss this over to Troubleshooting; find it there if it happens again.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

so I've been able to reproduce error twice now.

I'm posting a screen shot of what steps I've done at the eraser point it moves from left click to right click.

eraserproblem.png

things I can think of that might help you all sort this out.

I ususally feather more than once and at high second number true feather. primary color is set at 0 alpha after feather I always magnify above 500 so I can see stray pixels.

I'm running 3.31 xp

closing and saving the pdn and just reopening does not revert my mouse clik back to left. I must discard the picture and start over.

I have had luck adding another layer and changing primary back to 255 alpha and using eraser with both right and left ? mouse buttons at that point.

very odd.

ciao OMA

Oma is your left click working all right for all other pdn tools except for eraser?

Cause I've encountered lots of troubles lately (i.e. when I left clicked the rectangle or ellipse tools they got weird while if I right clicked on them they worked all right) so I tried with a new mouse and the problem was fixed (may be my left click button was broken, I don't know)