Paint.NET portable- .net portable?

A quick question you mean the Microsoft.NET folder at

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET

right?

Just copy that entire folder? If I paste it in my USB drive, will paint.NET automatically be able to detect the framework from there, or does it look at C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET?

My school computers do not have .NET 2.0. And I would love to bring paint.net with me. Paint.net runs on a cd, the problem is I don't know how to get .NET to run with it.

"By trying to reinvent the wheel every time we find very often with square wheels" ...X-blaster

If your school does not have .NET Framework 2.0, then you should speak to the IT Technicians about installing it. There really is nothing more we here can do, nor you.

You may also want to mention that upgrading to 2.0 would benefit them more than for using Paint.NET as many programs are requiring 2.0 as a minimum these days. It could be that the programs you use at school does not require it as of yet, hence not having it, though it might be time until something does.

Still, have a chat to them, see what they have to say.

If it's necessary to get installation approval for .NET, then I'd recommend getting approval for .NET 3.5. That way you won't need to get approval again once Paint.NET v4.0 is released.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

If your school does not have .NET Framework 2.0, then you should speak to the IT Technicians about installing it. There really is nothing more we here can do, nor you.

You may also want to mention that upgrading to 2.0 would benefit them more than for using Paint.NET as many programs are requiring 2.0 as a minimum these days. It could be that the programs you use at school does not require it as of yet, hence not having it, though it might be time until something does.

Still, have a chat to them, see what they have to say.

actually thats how i got my .net framework from the it technician at my school :D seeing as my dad is the technology technician the it one comes down quite a bit to talk and help out sometimes so my dad knows him know now and he tells my dad about computer stuff and things to get my ps3 to work better :D

section8.png

psn id: R3V-fiR3