Trouble with downloading fonts

I tried to download a font awhile back, and it didn't work, of course. But following that everythime I enter and try to open fonts, I'll scroll down to Mufferaw and it goes back up to Arnprior, and a notice pops up saying: There was an unhandled error and Paint.Net must be closed. Refer to 'pdncrash.log' which has been placed on your desktop for more information.

That means I can't even use all the already downloaded fonts, plus downloading new fonts is out until I know what the problem is. So what now?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This text file was created because Paint.NET crashed.

Please e-mail this file to paint.net@hotmail.com so we can diagnose and fix the problem.

Application version: Paint.NET v3.05 (Final Release build 3.05.2643.30703)

Time of crash: 10/10/2007 4:24:06 PM

Application uptime: 00:00:32.3281250

OS Version: 5.1.2600.131072 Service Pack 2 Workstation x86

.NET Framework version: 2.0.50727.832 x86

Processor: 1x "" @ ~598MHz

Physical memory: 511 MB

Tablet PC: no

Locale: pdnr.c: en-US, hklm: en-US, hkcu: n/a, cc: en-US, cuic: en-US

Exception details:

System.OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory.

at System.Drawing.Graphics.CheckErrorStatus(Int32 status)

at System.Drawing.Graphics.DrawString(String s, Font font, Brush brush, RectangleF layoutRectangle, StringFormat format)

at PaintDotNet.ToolConfigStrip.FontFamilyComboBox_DrawItem(Object sender, DrawItemEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnDrawItem(DrawItemEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WmReflectDrawItem(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

^^ That is what the crashlog says. How do I fix this?!?

1) Please remember to post in the correct section of the forum.

Moved to Troubleshooting

2) Do remember to use Search. This has been asked and answered numerous times, and you would have saved yourself and everyone else time by trying this ahead of time.

http://searchpaint.net

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

I had the same type error after removing some of the extra fonts I never use. Removing fonts that come with XP makes PDN crash. Simply putting the fonts back dosent help. Removing and reinstalling PDN after putting the fonts back dosent help. had to do a system restore.

After spending all morning screwing with the whole affair I found a program called font frenzy.

http://majorgeeks.com/Font_Frenzy_d4295.html

This is a free program that will restore your fonts to the windows default and allow PDN to work again. Some programs come with fonts and having a lot of fonts seems to slow things down and makes finding the ones you use a nightmare if you have to many.

Font frenzy fixed everything up and now I keep a seperate file of my downloaded fonts for a back up if i ever need to refrenzy the whole thing again.

Font frenzy has quite a few very useful functions I didnt list including installing your new fonts for you. Go check it out, very simple and easy to use program IMO.

ani_blue_ava.gif

Thanks for the help unforgiven. I'll check it out.

Srry about not putting it in troubleshooting. Also, I do have an up to date version of paint. I have vs. 3.05. I know its not the most current, but I shouldn't have to change programs everytime you make a tiny .5 fix. I'll do it when the real change comes like 3.2,3.5,4.0, etc. I think we should be able to fix our problems from the version we have.

Anyways, thanks for the suggestions. :)

From the second stickied post on this forum:

We absolutely cannot and will not provide help for anything but the latest version of Paint.NET.

But:

...I shouldn't have to change programs everytime you make a tiny .5 fix. I'll do it when the real change comes like 3.2,3.5,4.0, etc. I think we should be able to fix our problems from the version we have.

That doesn't make sense. In the slightest. Rick releases the "tiny fixes" to fix the bugs brought up in this thread, so if you're posting a question here, we have a perfect right to completely ignore you if you don't have the latest version. Seriously, automatic updating takes two minutes, tops. Save us all some time (and some nerves!) and play by the rules. 'k? K. :-) Thanks!

Now update. Now. :-)

No, I can see you not doing it. Get going! Come on!

You're still not doing it, are you? Come on. Please?

There ya go. Good job. Thanks!

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Srry about not putting it in troubleshooting. Also, I do have an up to date version of paint. I have vs. 3.05. I know its not the most current, but I shouldn't have to change programs everytime you make a tiny .5 fix. I'll do it when the real change comes like 3.2,3.5,4.0, etc.

Having the latest version is required. This is clearly stated in the rules. If you won't update, then we cannot help you. Every release contains numerous fixes.

I think we should be able to fix our problems from the version we have.

How could you possibly know more about Paint.NET than me?

If you will not install the latest update, then I will just close this thread. Simple as that.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

...but I shouldn't have to change programs everytime you make a tiny .5 fix.

You do realize how dumb it is not to keep your programs up to date, right? I mean, who cares about the latest definition files for my antivirus, they are just tiny updates.

What Rick and david says is true, you should update, as the update isn't tiny just because it only increased the version by 0.05.

Go here: http://www.getpaint.net/roadmap.html and you will see that there have been more than 40 changes since 3.05 was released.