simple drop shadow

There isn't one. That drop shadow plugin is the easiest, as long as you use it correctly.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Are you having trouble installing the plugin? Extract the .dll file that you downloaded to the folder C:/Program Files/Paint.NET/Effects. This may sound difficult or annoying, but you will be able to do it in no time.

And, don't just give up now. PdN is probably the best, certainly the most user-friendly free image program out there, and definitely with one of the most thriving communities (and here we are!).

If you ever need help, please feel free to ask me, one of the mods, who will be happy to help, or post on the board, as long as it complies with The Rules.

Welcome to what I hope will be a long and happy stay in the PdN community.

Lorenz_84_signature_by_PhillipsJ2.png

"I am the anarchist, I am the antichrist, I am the walrus, G'JOO G'GOO G'JOOB!"

I dig a pygmy, by Charles Hawtree and the Deaf Aids. Phase One, in which Doris gets her oats.

~John Lennon