How can I reinstall paint.net?

I had some trouble with plugins, so I tried to eliminate them, but when I tried to open the rpogram I couldn't do it, so I decided to unistall it, but now it seems that it's imposible, because when I tried it, a message saying: "There is a problem with windows installing package. A Progran required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personel" appears.

so what can I do?

I'd really appreciate any advice

This should have gone in the Bugs & Troubleshooting section of the forum, so don't be dismayed if you see your topic moved.

-------------------------------

Did you uninstall the .NET Framework before Paint.NET? If so, reinstall the Framework, then uninstall Paint.NET. This is only because part of the uninstall process requires the Framework. I would suggest keeping the Framework as other programs - past, present and future - may require it to run correctly, as does, of course, Paint.NET.

There are other options to try if this isn't the solution, but follow this through first and then we'll progress onwards if need be.

thank you for your answeres, and well I have Windows XP and the message I mentioned appears when I tried to remove the program in the control panel . In the list of programs it actually appears .Net Framework, actually I never uninstall the program properly, I just eliminated the plugins, since then Im not able to open the program,remove it or reinstalling it.

In the Paint.NET system folder you will notice an .exe by the name of 'PdnRepair.exe', double click that, let it run, do anything it asks of you and then try to uninstall Paint.NET. After all that, delete the Paint.NET folder (if it remains) and start from scratch with a fresh install.

Wow, you're missing the file which replaces the missing ones. Ironic? I believe so. What version of Paint.NET are you running at the moment?

In the meantime, did you try out kipper010's advice and just reinstall without uninstalling first? So, download and just install as if for the first time.