Not very helpful ...

I posted a simple question about what are the steps to creating images to background and I my thread ended up being locked and was told to read the rules to find the answer to my question. I thought "OK ... I'll read and look and find my answer" Needless to say, I did not find the answer I was looking for. This is my first time working with Paint.NET and have spent 3 weeks trying to figure out how to do it with no success !!!

All I ask was a simple how-to step by step list of putting image or multiple images to a background. I'm feeling the Mods/Admins here are too helpful with helping us novice who have "ZERO" experience; and I'm not shouting - just frustrated. I have read all the tutorials and help sections and cannot find the answer I'm looking for.

I apologize if this comes off as being rude but it's not. Just frustrated with the lack of direction with the how-to. :|

first change your title open your post and use the edit button at the bottom change it to something like "question: about putting images into background"

the generic help needed or equivalent almost always gets locked by the mods because its a rule designed to make searching for past topics more helpful.

so give me a few mins I'll try to search out the how to do this, the posts that refer what you are trying to do definetly will be using layers etc. .

chow OMA

OK for next time you need to search... up at the top right of your forum page is the search button clik that and type in what you are searching for I typed in "signature "

this is one that might help you out viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4484

and here is another one much more complicated for first time users on this one you will need to read every post pages 1 to 7 of this post some of the technics still are useful for what you want to do. maybe you will get a few ideas that might help you out. viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3363&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=signature

hope that helped . post what you come up with in the pictorium and of course read the rules Rick posted to get the correct size you need to use for sigs.

chow OMA

Ok that's sounds simple. One more question though. How do you put mutliple images on a signature ? (ie : 2 or 3 different pics) I know the basics of getting images - editing them, choose effects, etc ... I know the Cut and paste part but I'm confused with the Edit menu with "Paste in to New Layer" & "Paste in to New Image". I'm also confused in Layers menu with how to use "Duplicate Layer" (I know this means copy same layer) and "Merge Layer Down".

http://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/en/index.html

You'll notice a "layers" link on the left.

To access this page, simply click F1 while in PDN. Or, go to the "HELP" menu and click Help Topics.

Read this and all you basic question will be answer.

Again, read the rules! Read all the rule, but first read #6 !

If not, all your posts title like this will get locked!

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]