Forum Suggestion (links)

Well this is not that much of a big deal but I lose to many post because of it. As i have found when ever you open a link on the new forums it opens the link in the same window. I hate that because now I lost the post I was making or the topic I was reading on the forums. I liked how links were done on the old forums, you know you click the link and the link opens in another window. Can this be done again ?.

Workaround on Firefox: Ctrl+Click.

But I think this should be in phpBB3 "bugs" thread...

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

I always just center-click the links which causes them to open in a new tab.

Once you get into the habit of that, you'll never have that problem again.

Oh, and the way the links are now, it offers more options for the user. Think about this... before, if you wanted the link to open in the current window, you couldn't.

I always just center-click the links which causes them to open in a new tab.

Once you get into the habit of that, you'll never have that problem again.

Oh, and the way the links are now, it offers more options for the user. Think about this... before, if you wanted the link to open in the current window, you couldn't.

Agreed completly. I used to be used to links opening in a new tab, but in this other site I go to, they dont. I middle-mouse-button all links from now, even if I know that they will open in a new tab. You will get used to it fast.

I'm still alive!

Yeah, me and my elitist self agree - links should be links, with no targets. The user should be allowed to decide where links should be opened by using the keyboard modifiers afforded them by their browser.

That's why I installed the TargetKiller extension for FireFox. It lets me choose, regardless of what the developer wanted. :wink:

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Targetkiller, eh? I need to get me some of that.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.