Tutorial Request - "Chaoscope"

I've been hearing people talk about chaoscopes a lot recently. I tried making a few but it kinda didn't work? Idk, I was hoping someone could make a tut and put me in the right direction.

Examples

I'm thinking along the lines of the ones that look like "synchlotron" (yellow and blue if you're looking for it) on this pag.

Now I know these were created with a program designed for this sort of thing, but I think it would be possible in pdn. Right? :X

HellRiverSig3_stretch.png

It'll be possible, but I think it would take way to long to code and debug (and it already takes long enough to render a fractal). I used this for all of my fractals, and it got me many favs on DA, too!

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

Chaoscope is a program, not an effect. It makes fractals. You can download it at chaoscope.org - it's not affiliated with Paint.NET, it's just that a bunch of us like it. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

It'll be possible, but I think it would take way to long to code and debug (and it already takes long enough to render a fractal). I used this for all of my fractals, and it got me many favs on DA, too!

I like apophysis, too.

I checked out chaoscope last night just to see what it was all about...I like it okay, except for the way you manipulate variables...the "random" shortcuts are handy (F3 till I like the shape, and ctrl-r until I like the colors).

drakaan sig jan 2020.png