How do I get rid of words in images

Hi. I'm very new to this. I have some images that have words in them and I want to get rid of them. I used the eraser over the words and tried to delete them but a lot of commands in the edit section are grayed out and won't work either with the DEL button. I then tried select all and that gave me a checker boared. I then tried the rectangle in tools and had a small checkerboard effect again. Tried the magic wand and no. I know that it's right under my nose and very simple but can someone tell me how to do this? And also how to get the grayed out commands working?

Thanks,

Carmen

Hi. I'm very new to this. I have some images that have words in them and I want to get rid of them. I used the eraser over the words and tried to delete them but a lot of commands in the edit section are grayed out and won't work either with the DEL button. I then tried select all and that gave me a checker boared. I then tried the rectangle in tools and had a small checkerboard effect again. Tried the magic wand and no. I know that it's right under my nose and very simple but can someone tell me how to do this? And also how to get the grayed out commands working?

Thanks,

Carmen

such as? there is nothing that can remove part of an image and magically render the background for you. it all would require user intervention which means something like the clone stamp.

Best bet: Clone Stamp. There are some programs that cost $3,000 that can do it perfectly though...

such as? there is nothing that can remove part of an image and magically render the background for you. it all would require user intervention which means something like the clone stamp.

Best bet: Clone Stamp. There are some programs that cost $3,000 that can do it perfectly though...

Never underestimate propellerheads with Ph D's. I've seen some amazing demos in this area.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Never underestimate propellerheads with Ph D's. I've seen some amazing demos in this area.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

In case you are wondering, the program analyzes the part of the photo which is most similar or the closest to the wanted result, and based on the surroundings, guesses what should go into that position, after the text is removed. Why do those darn phD's have to be so darn smart?

tagflowsig.png

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

I am a disco dancer. +_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

In case you are wondering, the program analyzes the part of the photo which is most similar or the closest to the wanted result, and based on the surroundings, guesses what should go into that position, after the text is removed. Why do those darn phD's have to be so darn smart?

tagflowsig.png

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

I am a disco dancer. +_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

Yes guesses, that is the point, it requires user intervention to fix all the wrong guesses, I'd like to know which program does this so I can see a demo of it.

Seeing is believing, otherwise I don't believe everything :D.

Yes guesses, that is the point, it requires user intervention to fix all the wrong guesses, I'd like to know which program does this so I can see a demo of it.

Seeing is believing, otherwise I don't believe everything :D.